• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign/Bronze Spideys

29 posts in this topic

Chespirito, that absolutely rocks. I absolutely love it. Thanks so much for posting that. :cloud9:

The question is: Besides the Greek edition, what other versions are out there?

Oh, I guess there is the British weekly edition where Punisher looks like a kid.

Yes, I do have the UK one but, it's a magazine aI think, I have it somewhere, and if I rememeber correctly, it's sideways, I bought that one ith the UK Hulks 180-181, which is really like 5 or 6 comics, but, I absolutely love those, they even have a cover that didn't come out in the States, they prolonged the strry. I really like the Greek one, please keep an eye out for whenever you see it, I am almost ready to give up looking.. man it's really kool, major props spider-variant..

I can remember buying a big run of those Heritage comics from an EBay seller from Quebec - it was the main BA run, all the issues listed.

Then I get it, and the French ASM 129 is not there, so I email the seller and he says something like "Oh, someone inquired about that book so I sold it - I didn't think it was a big deal".

Another reason why I just *love* our French Canadian neighbors. :mad:

I can remember buying a big run of those Heritage comics from an EBay seller from Quebec - it was the main BA run, all the issues listed.

Then I get it, and the French ASM 129 is not there, so I email the seller and he says something like "Oh, someone inquired about that book so I sold it - I didn't think it was a big deal".

Obviously, you had a bad deal with a bad seller. You would have had the #31 (ASM #129 equivalent) if you had that deal with me. Please don't assume all French Canadian people are like that... There are good people and bad people in every country....

BTW, any idea what would be the market value of the French Canadian reprint of ASM #129 in 9.2 ?

Obviously, you had a bad deal with a bad seller. You would have had the #31 (ASM #129 equivalent) if you had that deal with me. Please don't assume all French Canadian people are like that... There are good people and bad people in every country....

BTW, any idea what would be the market value of the French Canadian reprint of ASM #129 in 9.2 ?

9.2!!!!!??!!!! OMG! That is insane, it's hard enough just finding these darn things, I guess if you live in Canada your shots are much greater of making such a find. Wow, that is kool, to say the least..still got a lot of issues left?

Here's the Greek one.

Spider%2017.jpg

Anyone else think the Greek copy has kind of a DC lettering thing going on? Looks like the lettering could be on a Green Lantern bronze age story. Just kind of different feel for Spider-Man lettering.

Pretty cool, and very tough to find above even a VF (as all of them-trust me on that). Btw the center letters say The threat of Mysterio, and the bottom Randevous (Cant spell in French sorry) with Death. Wonder if this issue had 2 stories....

Generally speaking, you have to see how a country reasons in terms of "key" books. Here in Italy there is generally no big deal around first appearances (except for the first issues): price is determined mostly by actual rarity, so an italian Uomo Ragno #149 could be less easy to find because there are some Punisher fans wanting it, but that’s all.

Among the rarest Corno books in Italy are the last issues of the second Uomo Ragno weekly series (about #45 to #58) the last issue of "L’Uomo Ragno Gigante" (an oversized reprint series, which continued up to 1984 when the publisher went bankrupt) and the 13 Sergeant Fury issues published in 1966, by the publisher "Le Maschere". There are also some Two-Gun Kid or the like, but not strictly "Marvel Universe".

First three Morbiuses :cloud9: :

LUomoRagno_No_102_f.jpg

LUomoRagno_No_103_f.jpg

LUomoRagno_No_119_f.jpg

The printing quality of our editions was great, especially at some point:

LUomoRagno_No_119_intA.jpg

Unfortunately there was an inconsistency in quality with translation and (re)coloring, so those books may have either good or bad translations. I am constantly undecided on what to keep (in italian) and what not. hm