• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up some books from my local comic shop.

3 posts in this topic

My local comic shop had a 100 for $20 sale. I picked up several hundred readers for the holidays. Typical stuff you find in the 50 cent to a dollar bins.

But I did get an almost complete run of Warlord from 2 up including the Annuals. Only missing 3 issues. cloud9.gif

And I found these. As an old D&D player I just had to laugh when I read these stories. Good for a chuckle if you are into the genre. laugh.gif

Knights of the Dinner Table #31

Knights of the Dinner Table #33

Knights of the Dinner Table #34

Knights of the Dinner Table #35

Knights of the Dinner Table #36

My local comic shop had a 100 for $20 sale. I picked up several hundred readers for the holidays. Typical stuff you find in the 50 cent to a dollar bins.

But I did get an almost complete run of Warlord from 2 up including the Annuals. Only missing 3 issues. cloud9.gif

And I found these. As an old D&D player I just had to laugh when I read these stories. Good for a chuckle if you are into the genre. laugh.gif

Knights of the Dinner Table #31

Knights of the Dinner Table #33

Knights of the Dinner Table #34

Knights of the Dinner Table #35

Knights of the Dinner Table #36

Knights of the Dinner table...if you have ever gamed, or maybe if you never have, is some of the funniest stuff around.

Truly one of my favorites! thumbsup2.gif

I can see the personalities of my old gaming friends in the group.

I played 'Elrond the 1/5 Elven', estwhile wizard. I was always running around trying to convert villagers to the ways of Hephestus, armorer of the gods. (Typical scenario: "Brother, do you believe!!!! ...err, no. Poof, villager disappears! Next villager, BROTHER, DO YOU BELIEVE!!! ...uh, oh, YEAH, SURE, THATS THE TICKET. PRAISE HEPHESTUS!") Just a scam. Trying to get Hephestus to give me a magical shield usable by wizards. Worked for 2 years (!) real time before I finally got him to cough it up.

Had a hobbit buddy named Spam. He was always getting into trouble because he kept shooting people in the with his hobbit sized crossbow. But somehow he had become buds with Odin, so if the rump shot victim tried to take revenge on Odin's little buddy, Odin would blow them away. (Good man to have in a scrap. wink.gif)

grin.gif