• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranting again

3 posts in this topic

I'm still a bit confused about the advantage of selling through Heritage. A few weeks ago I laid out some advantages and disadvantages of each resource depending on the quantity to be sold, the promotional aspects, how key the books were, etc. The negatives (price) is clearly known. I contemplated why more sellers don't attempt to sell through E-bay for a $3 charge. Now I see a seller with some nice auctions who seem to be receiving some decent bids although no reserves were met. Based of what I've seen lately some of the prices would near the final selling price on Heritage. If the final price is within 10% I suspect the seller is better off. I am still confused.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68&item=2208662511

Here's why, if I was looking to sell a lot of valuable comics, I'd go with Heritage:

1) Easier. Most collectors are not dealers and many have only ridimentary knowledge of the EBay system.

2) Less hassle. In order to realistically sell on EBay, you need to get an EBay account, build up feedback, get a Paypal account, ship multiple packages, etc., while all you need to do to sell on Heritage is get their okay and pack up one big box.

3) Much lower risk. Selling a high dollar book on EBay can be a risky proposition, as you may have to deal with Paypal reversals, bounced checks and other problems. Heritage does the legwork on this (for a fee), assumes the risk and insurance, and just mails you a check.