• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

Sweet copies! This is definitely the forum for pre-code or pre-Showcase 4 books.

Well..most of these are not GA FA books..but here's some of my nicer copies of Fox & Crow.....

FoxCrow12.jpg

Wow!! I asked Shiverbones to tell me where to post some Funny Animal Comics I scored and he told me this was the place. WoW!! :o Some real eye poppers here. I just looked at all 29 pages of this thread and I'm blown away!!

Jack!! Scrooge!! How come nobody steered me here earlier? ....

The subject line wasn't enough to tip you off?

Seriously, I'm glad that you found your way here and I'm looking forward to seeing your funny animal books. This might be the only thread that I have time to catch up on after a week away. The volume of the others is overwhelming.

Take it away, Seadevils!

Jack

Wow!! I asked Shiverbones to tell me where to post some Funny Animal Comics I scored and he told me this was the place. WoW!! :o Some real eye poppers here. I just looked at all 29 pages of this thread and I'm blown away!!

Jack!! Scrooge!! How come nobody steered me here earlier? ....

The subject line wasn't enough to tip you off?

Seriously, I'm glad that you found your way here and I'm looking forward to seeing your funny animal books. This might be the only thread that I have time to catch up on after a week away. The volume of the others is overwhelming.

Take it away, Seadevils!

Jack

You better go back a week Jack...I posted some awesome DC FA's this past week... Actually after photographing a couple 1000 books while posting in the 365 thread I just have not taken the time to explore the boards. Now I've been posting all over the place..

Edited by Seadevils

What a great cover! Will you get tired of hearing, "I've never seen that one."

Is there any hope of doing artist IDs on this thread?

Maybe this is Mike Sekowsky (really), Helen King (I know next to nothing about), and Vince Fago could have had a hand in it.

"Come on.... let's see some non-DC stuff." sounds great to me!

Jack

I have other Animal Antics that I have not photographed beginning with #1 I believe.

I'll try and shoot them over the next few days. I have lots of Real Screen, Fox and Crow, Flippity and Flop..most all the DC stuff. If you all want to see them posted..or any particlar issues I may have just let me know.

I'll post the other Funny Folks tomorrow. Come on.... let's see some non-DC stuff.

Here..I'll start with this one...

SillyTunes5.jpg

GoofyComics1.jpg

Really has the early fluid style animation feel to it doesn't it... :cloud9:

It sure does. :applause:

And with good reason. Many of the early Funny Animal comic book artists had backgrounds in the animation field. Joe Oriolo, who illustrated the Goofy cover, was a writer and animator for the Fleischer studios and worked on Betty Boop, Popeye, and Gulliver's Travels before he began doing work for comics.