• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE AUCTION BONANZA !!!! LETS SEE THE STATE OF THE OA MARKET

196 posts in this topic

Before the auction a knowledgable friend had pegged the Kirby Avengers and FF 70's covers at almost exactly what they ended for. I however thought they would go for quite a bit more. His rational, treasury and annual. The big bucks go for covers from the run. Looks like he was right..... or something else???

Before the auction a knowledgable friend had pegged the Kirby Avengers and FF 70's covers at almost exactly what they ended for. I however thought they would go for quite a bit more. His rational, treasury and annual. The big bucks go for covers from the run. Looks like he was right..... or something else???

I agree Dan. Big bucks for covers from the run, not annuals

Lots 92200 - 92215 withdrawn, and a bunch more besides those. This sort of things makes me wonder...

Lots of great pieces that are below their summer 08 values.

Those were pulled long before the Catalog got printed.

I have the book in front of me and they were pulled then.

C

Plus, I strongly disagree anyway. I have always maintained that the OA market is highly segmented. And, while the Best does do the best, I have always found that it is the Best examples within each and every segment that excel. Rareity also plays a roll. A mediocre example in a super rare segment will still do very well. 2 cents....

And.... Raymond Flash Gordon Sundays with Topper aren't the Best of the Best?? (shrug)

Those days are done. Seperate the wheat from the chaffe. Only the best of the best will get top dollar.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=295930