• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

You bidding on that too? I think I just outbid you. This could be fun.

by a measly penny...you are going to have to do better than that lol

Neither of you is the high bidder - what are you talking about?

you are right, I just checked my email

Hi Rick,

There's a new highest bid on this item, but there's still a chance to make it yours. Increase your bid to have a chance at winning.

ACTION COMICS #1 CGC 5.0

Current price: $50,001.00

End time: Mar-13-09 13:19:47 PDT

Your maximum bid: $50,000.00

CC has gotten a lot of exposure for the 6.0 Action #1. A LOT.

Has anyone ever, including Heritage or Sotheby's, gotten that much PR for a comic?

CC's PR firm is the same one I use here in Chicago to promote our games (Golden Tee Golf, etc.). They're the best in the biz getting the word out.

What's the name of the firm? I'd have to agree about the PR.. I'm willing to bet that someone outside the hobby wins the book as a result (just maybe not Obama)!

Although Southeby's didn't do it for a comic, they were the house that auctioned off the Honus Wagner card a year ago that was all over the news..

Joanne Levine of Lekas and Levine P.R. in Vernon Hills, IL 847.327.9530

In 1973, Sol Harrison has a perfect copy of Action #1. DC needed one for their upcoming reprint. Sol Harrison sold them the book for $1,000

DC took the book and cut it up. After being photographed, the pages and cover were laminated. This book is currently sitting in the DC offices. Saw it years ago. One look at it and you can tell that it was mint. So so so sad.

And their bound volume of Action 1-10 (or 12) was literally falling apart in my hands. Brittle and broken.

In 1973, Sol Harrison has a perfect copy of Action #1. DC needed one for their upcoming reprint. Sol Harrison sold them the book for $1,000

DC took the book and cut it up. After being photographed, the pages and cover were laminated. This book is currently sitting in the DC offices. Saw it years ago. One look at it and you can tell that it was mint. So so so sad.

And their bound volume of Action 1-10 (or 12) was literally falling apart in my hands. Brittle and broken.

:cry:

I think the BOTTOM threashold for this book is 350k..[The lowest bid that might win]...we arnt there yet but will be . Its the UPPER threashold that is the problem figuring out because that is where the new record price is and its new territory.I think the national exposer is shooting for someone outside of the hobby who has the legs to get a SUPER price.You have to keep in mind that if anybook can do this,this is [[THE BOOK!]

I hope it goes through the roof. There's been a lot of talk on the boards lately(mostly in Comics General) that Superman's star is waning. I'd like to see that idea blown out of the water.

I hope it goes through the roof. There's been a lot of talk on the boards lately(mostly in Comics General) that Superman's star is waning. I'd like to see that idea blown out of the water.

1 really good movie will take care of that.

I think the BOTTOM threashold for this book is 350k..[The lowest bid that might win]...we arnt there yet but will be . Its the UPPER threashold that is the problem figuring out because that is where the new record price is and its new territory.I think the national exposer is shooting for someone outside of the hobby who has the legs to get a SUPER price.You have to keep in mind that if anybook can do this,this is [[THE BOOK!]

I say this one goes for about 400k. That would still set the record for a single comic book sale, right? What did that Flash 1 9.6 church sell for? Call me crazy, but I'd rather have that Flash than this book. Just because of the grade and provenance though. I salivated when I saw that book.

I think a really good movie will reignite some interest in the character and subsequently licensed items, but it won't affect anyone that is currently considering purchasing a $300k+ Action 1 IMO

I think a really good movie will reignite some interest in the character and subsequently licensed items, but it won't affect anyone that is currently considering purchasing a $300k+ Action 1 IMO

That's what I think too. I just don't understand the notion that a Motion picture can affect the cost of a book in the 6 figure range.

my gut was $317K...but what do I know

Gator, I dis-agreed with you but I have not known you to be wrong. In fact you called the price of the MMC #9 5.0 on heritage bang on as well as a few other books.

Here's hoping you're right.

(thumbs u

As the Action #1's come out of the woodwork (now would be the time) it may keep the price down.

R.

That's what I think too. I just don't understand the notion that a Motion picture can affect the cost of a book in the 6 figure range.

(thumbs u

I think the Mile high flash went for around 270k...I know im close,dont remember the exact amount.J.p paid Geppi 350k for the Pay copy of Marvel 1 many moons ago.This is actually the record[though J.P was on steroids with this book pricewise at the time or anytime for that matter.

(thumbs u

Unless you're Eric Roberts or Shaquille O'neil you ain't gonna run out of the movie theatre and "have to have one of those"

lol