• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

This kind of data was just begging for a line graph so I put a quick one together:

Big4graph3.jpg

(worship)

There's a clear change in trajectory after 1991. I'm not sure if that's representative of a true shift in the market, or rather Overstreet letting the reins loose a bit.

funny, I don't see Whiz 2 (1) on the list lol

I was think the same thing. It would have been fun to include it just to see how it flatlined compared to the others. :)

It would also be interesting to see these dollar amounts adjusted for inflation.

How about adding some others..Batman #1, Whiz #1...what else has shifted?

I would gladly offer the data but don't own any price guides.

If you guys are ok with it I'm going to copy these quotes into teh other thread about keys.

R.

and the markets up on that terrible news..Talk about contraian.....

The experts[ha-ha] would tell you thats the sign of a bottom.

I dont believe in experts on wall street.They became rich by collecting commissions not picking stocks..[[remember that!]

Looks to me like tec 27 shot up because of the movie where Action 1 went up on fundimentals.

But every book went up that year. I have to guess there was a change in practice at Overstreet.

Tecs 27s stint at the top was brief...How long has Action 1 been number 1 now.Quite a few years.Its hard to get a handle on which book is rarer as they come out periodically in spurts.My feeling is Action 1 is rarer in unrestored high grade and Tec 27s is rarer in the unrestored low grades.I acknowledge that I could be wrong and its just an observation from my point of view over many years in this hobby

I know census numbers are not the most accurate but according to CGC there are less unrestored Marvel Comics #1 than any other "BIG" GA key. This is my post from another thread.

Look at the actual census numbers.

Action #1

23 unrestored

14 restored

1 qualified

38 total

Detective #27

19 unrestored

21 restored

40 total

Marvel #1

18 unrestored

25 restored

43 total

Batman #1

53 unrestored

71 restored

124 total :o:o

Superman #1

22 unrestored

1 qualified

50 restored

73 total :o

It is only beat out by Action #1 on the census in terms of rarity and only by 5 copies of Action #1 and 3 copies of Detective #27. It is a tough book to find and actually has less slabbed copies than Action #1 AND Detective #27 unrestored.

Detective 27 has 19 unrestored on the census, 6 in 6.0 or higher (6.0, 6.5, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0), ungraded MH is out there (7.0 from what Rob R and Dave Anderson [OK] have told me, double-slash book with a crease on the FC). No Larson, Allentown is the nicest known. Not sure what the Twilight copy was like, or if it's included in the slabbed copies. Was there a Rockford?

Action 1 has 23 unrestored on the census, 5 in 6.0 or higher (6.0, 6.5, 6.5, 7.5, 8.5). Still out there are the Larson, MH, KC, and supposedly another nice copy.

Seems like a push to me.

Darn I dont have cable at work.which segment,cavuto, Scoreboard? Maybe I can catch it tonight?

Vincent is very poised in front of a national audience.I was very impressed with him the last time he was battling those 2 stock market dudes who were tryin to put our hobby down.Investment wise.He held is own.Than they didnt let him finish his rebuttle.Do it today Vincent.

I'll bet there are A LOT more unrestored copies than that out there yet to be unearthed and just wait until all the hoopla filters around on the most recent copy. I'm guessing we'll be seeing more and more as time goes on and the scarcity will certainly diminish. JMHO.

I'll bet there are A LOT more unrestored copies than that out there yet to be unearthed and just wait until all the hoopla filters around on the most recent copy. I'm guessing we'll be seeing more and more as time goes on and the scarcity will certainly diminish. JMHO.

yeah I would agree but with accompanying restoration no dought I would add.

not that theres anything wrong with that.

Oddly action 1 is one of the very few MEGA KEYS that has more unrestored copies on the census than restored copies.Its the exact opposite of the other keys

(thumbs u

As mentioned in another thread, many people remember seeing plentyof Action #1 for sale on dealer's walls but no Marvel Comics #1 when it was the #1 book.

There will be plenty more to come, that I'm sure of. They didn't all just dis-appear.