• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

thats pretty much what I was getting at. If Im Metro, and I read here that someone WANTS to be allowed to bid, but doesnt follow up with a call? I dont sense any urgency behind the comment. Then again, Ra's al Ghul came down into town to speak to Bruce Wayne, before making him climb all the way up the mountain to get what he desired.

Aman, who is in the customer service business here, Tim or Metro?

I'll tell you a story. I was in Chicago last year and a man came by our booth that I'd never met before (we were sharing a booth for convenience last year at Bedrock's spot). He inquired about a Human Torch #6 I had. My understanding was that if the book was still there at the end of the show he would take it at our agreed on price which was about 20-25% less than I was expecting to get for it. At the end of the show he stopped by, didn't take that particular book and I was a little surprised as I thought we had a deal. I had mentioned that I thought he was going to take the book. His response?

He restated that he might take it (I must have missed the might) and proceeded to write me a check for the book because he did not want even the notion that he would not keep his word out in public. I insisted that he need not do that and he instisted that he buy the book.

Long story short, this was a classy move by a well known dealer who went out of his way to make sure that he went above and beyond what people expected of him.

When you provide a service the customer should usually be right.

That's how I expect to be treated and that is how I try to treat my customers at work.

R.

I agree with you and have honered my word with far bigger amounts than this [Even when I was offered more from someone else after giving my word] I know, its easy to say but I have always believed actions speak louder than words when it comes to judging ones character. Id prefer to have character proved by deeds more so than the words though one backing the other is the ideal

Think hard? Could there be a reason? If not than think, is there a ridiculous reason? You just never know what is in peoples heads.....Can we agree on this at least?

There is a reason?

I'm sure the reason is the same as the perpetual complaint about Metropolis. POOR customer service. Emails & inquiries regularly go unanswered, why would this be any different?

When did it improve ?

thats pretty much what I was getting at. If Im Metro, and I read here that someone WANTS to be allowed to bid, but doesnt follow up with a call? I dont sense any urgency behind the comment. Then again, Ra's al Ghul came down into town to speak to Bruce Wayne, before making him climb all the way up the mountain to get what he desired.

Aman, who is in the customer service business here, Tim or Metro?

I'll tell you a story. I was in Chicago last year and a man came by our booth that I'd never met before (we were sharing a booth for convenience last year at Bedrock's spot). He inquired about a Human Torch #6 I had. My understanding was that if the book was still there at the end of the show he would take it at our agreed on price which was about 20-25% less than I was expecting to get for it. At the end of the show he stopped by, didn't take that particular book and I was a little surprised as I thought we had a deal. I had mentioned that I thought he was going to take the book. His response?

He restated that he might take it (I must have missed the might) and proceeded to write me a check for the book because he did not want even the notion that he would not keep his word out in public. I insisted that he need not do that and he instisted that he buy the book.

Long story short, this was a classy move by a well known dealer who went out of his way to make sure that he went above and beyond what people expected of him.

When you provide a service the customer should usually be right (within reasonable limits of course).

That's how I expect to be treated and that is how I try to treat my customers at work.

R.

thats a truly class act!.

okay, Im just trying to understand both sides here is all. I dont have a horse in this race. Cat we all just get along. Metro has a book to sell, Heres a bidder who cant get their attention. I was making an analogy to the oft-related posts here when someone asks about CGC, or Comiclink etc: "Why not call them?" and the answer here is "well they know Im interested, why dont they call me?" Maybe they WOULD hang up on him... I havent a clue.

and now, I'll STFU about it!

I agree. Gotta find something to do in the meantime.Things are slow.
might just be wishful thinking on my part (shrug) i have zero expectations of winning, so at the very worst, I can't be dissatisfied, and in the most improbable sitaution, estatic

and yes, I know how to spell ecstatic, just didn't feel like it lol

I don't see why not....auction houses offer their own properties in other fields. I don't think there are any laws requiring an auction house to watch an item close for less than they would pay.I could be wrong.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

thats pretty much what I was getting at. If Im Metro, and I read here that someone WANTS to be allowed to bid, but doesnt follow up with a call? I dont sense any urgency behind the comment.

What if Tim here was hearing impaired? Doesn't he still have a right to have an email answered?

Hypothetically, there's unknown reasons on either end and zero communication actually happening.

Think hard? Could there be a reason? If not than think, is there a ridiculous reason? You just never know what is in peoples heads.....Can we agree on this at least?

There is a reason?

I'm sure the reason is the same as the perpetual complaint about Metropolis. Poor customer service. Emails & inquiries regularly go unanswered, why would this be any different?

I've never had any problems with Metro's customer service.

I wonder if the current high bidder is getting a little worried he might have to buy the damned thing!

I would be but it never seems to happen that way, or at least not very often with a mega key. As funny as this sounds, if this books end up at $325,000 or less I think there will be a lot of disappointed Action #1 fans.