• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

Whats youre high score Rick? Not on Wii.
I am sorry to say, that in almost 25 years of bowling, I have never had a perfect 300... I have had multiple 12+ strikes in a row, but they always carried over from one game to another (called an Andy Verapapa's 300)... most strikes in a row for me is 16 (9 to end one game, 7 to start the next)...

my high score is 289 (opened with 10 strikes, then 9 pin spare)

Wow!!!!!!!

I know you are modest but you are seriously a great bowler.

back in Ft Lauderdale/WPB in the early 90's, I bowled "semi" professionally(entered all the sanctioned tourneys, etc)... but let me tell you, bowling on a league, vs bowling on a tourney, is like night and day... everything from lane dressing to "pressure" it is unbelievalable how one does NOT transition always, to the other

does value increase with pressing or does it count as professional restoration

Where on earth did that question come from. Not that it isnt o.k with me I guess.

He is spamming every thread with the same question.

Can you say "instigator"? (The quick way to get a Gator... just add water)

good answer...about 3 posts too late, though :baiting:

Where on earth did that question come from. Not that it isnt o.k with me I guess.

good answer...about 3 posts too late, though :baiting:

Like I said, Insti-Gator!

It's a slow afternoon. Might be fun to mess with an instigator. :banana:

The value increases sometimes, and CGC doesn't count it as professional restoration.

Weren't many of the Church books "pressed" by virtue of how they were stored?

I suppose that if I was confronted with two high grade Action 1s, and the only difference between them was that one had a nice natural spine that was slightly rounded as comics are when they are first printed, and the other had a flat sharply creased spine that was indicative of the spine being "pressed," then I'd have to grade the first Action 1 higher than the second because it was closer to its natural mint state. But as a matter of practical reality, it seems that no one cares about flat spines because that generally happens as soon as you start stacking comics such that almost all GA comics have flat spines. So pressing per se doesn't seem to be a big deal.

As for pressing out a "dimple" on a comic cover, I don't see how that is the same as traditional "art restoration" because no color, paper, reinforcing, or other foreign substances have been introduced into the comic. It seem to me that books should be downgraded for "restoration" that alters them from their original mint state, but shouldn't be downgraded for something that makes them closer to their original mint state.

To this effect, if their was a way to clean a comic book without damaging the original aspects of the book (e.g. no change in ink, gloss, etc.), would you downgrade for that? My guess is that no one would. Instead, the owner of that Action 1 6.0 would be rushing to get it cleaned so that it could be seen in its original glory unsullied by the layer of grime.

My high game was 180, i was happy considering im not a bowler. Basketball, thats another story now. :)

if you are in Chicago, we are trying to get up a BB game... Roy and I have a 1 on 1 game challenge (hair vs hair, or $10K or something like that)...but, outside of that, I am "game" for a game

I did not agree to the hair on hair challenge.

:sumo:

My high game was 180, i was happy considering im not a bowler. Basketball, thats another story now. :)

if you are in Chicago, we are trying to get up a BB game... Roy and I have a 1 on 1 game challenge (hair vs hair, or $10K or something like that)...but, outside of that, I am "game" for a game

oh, but I think you did (do a search!!!!)

Rick, I have a home in Fort Lauderdale. State Rd 84[now 595] and University Blvd.

There is also a Bowling ally there.You know it?

I bowled a 78 there once.

know the area well...we had a house in Kendall/Miami,and I lived in Parkland (between Boca and Ft L)...

many many bowling alleys down there! if they were around in the early 1990's, I bowled them...most all from WPB down to Cutler Ridge

So in 26 hours it will all be over. The auction I mean.

Lets hope there are not 5 hours of 5 minutes bid bumps.

:eek:

GL Rick, I am excited for you.

So in 26 hours it will all be over. The auction I mean.

yep...in fact, I am skipping my Friday night bowling league to sit in front of the computer!

Unless there are 5 hours of 5 minutes bid bumps.

GL Rick, I am excited for you.

I am good for 2-3 bid bumps...after that, I am just a spectator

oh, but I think you did (do a search!!!!)

(tsk)

Never. Why would i put at risk my powers?

It's going to be a strange game anyway. I haven't played a game of Basketball since September 2007.

I think I shot the ball on a court twice with Louise since then. That's about it.

R.