• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

Due to recent sales I am goin to 350k as I was high bidder to 260 when Rick took the lead. But see book heading over 4's
I now give Ben the title of "most accurate prognosticator"

I'm not sure if tonight will be a historic sale of an iconic comic book or just a really good auction of an Action 1.

Being stuck at 277k for a few days did that. I know.

moved to 280 a few hours ago

What i meant by undiscovered country was once it surpasses 350k[if it does]pricewise it would be undiscovered country.Where no book has ever gone before.

Nothing more than that.

Star Trek fan Yes...

Looking forward to the movie in May? The new trailer looks awesome.

What i meant by undiscovered country was once it surpasses 350k[if it does]pricewise it would be undiscovered country.Where no book has ever gone before.

Nothing more than that.

Star Trek fan Yes...

public sale, right?...I have heard of at least one private sale this past year that exceeded $350K (thumbs u

(not talking MH AA 16 either)

Nothing more than that.

Star Trek fan Yes...

public sale, right?...I have heard of at least one private sale this past year that exceeded $350K (thumbs u

Dude, I told you about my Super-Team Family #1 sale in confidence. (tsk)

Nothing more than that.

Star Trek fan Yes...

Dude, I told you about my Super-Team Family #1 sale in confidence. (tsk)

:sorry:

Will Hollywood bid?

Will a sports star bid?

Will the bids stay amongst our hobby people.?

Within there is the answer to the final price.

Does Jerry Seinfeld collect GA comics (a la Nicolas Cage)??? If he does, I wish all the best for anyone else who wants to have a shot at this copy. I mean for crying out loud, his ATM code was "Jor-El". :grin:

Will Hollywood bid?

Will a sports star bid?

Does Jerry Seinfeld collect GA comics (a la Nicolas Cage)??? If he does, I wish all the best for anyone else who wants to have a shot at this copy. I mean for crying out loud, his ATM code was "Jor-El". :grin:

"if" Jerry S wanted a copy of this book (and doesn't already have one), he would have bought one long ago (thumbs u

Nothing more than that.

Star Trek fan Yes...

Dang private sales.

Will Hollywood bid?

Will a sports star bid?

"if" Jerry S wanted a copy of this book (and doesn't already have one), he would have bought one long ago (thumbs u

True and I agree, but this 6.0 Universal copy would be an upgrade for most... even the elite. (shrug)

Will Hollywood bid?

Will a sports star bid?

He could afford the Mile High??? Ya think?

Will Hollywood bid?

Will a sports star bid?

He could afford the Mile High??? Ya think?

For some reason, there's been a lot of talk on the boards lately about Seinfeld collecting GA, but I've never heard of any dealer selling him a book, or any interview where he mentions comics.

...and of all the speculation in this thread only two people who have bid on the book are in a position to make real life guess as to it's value...and they are both in a similar range.

R.

The perspective of someone gathering facts before jumping into this area:

It seem to me that the battle here is between economic rationality and desire.

I don't see a pure investor with no real interesnt in comics buying this book for these reasons:

(1) The comic market has a lot of "entry barriers" because of its insular nature, the disparity of information, and its lack of regulation;

(2) The long term value of a comic book with pages that are already showing irreversible tanning is questionable compared to other investments;

(3) The short term profit to be made on a comic book in these uncertain times is questionable; and, for the more sophisticated investor with better access to information

(4) No comic book has sold at auction for $300K+, the current "record" private sales were resold at a significant loss, a 6.5 Action 1 has sold relatively recently for less money than the present bid price for this book, and, a wide swath of people in the hobby, as evidenced by comments on this site, view this book as generously graded.

Having said that, I fully expect earnest collectors to bid up the value of this book. Thus, the question is how many collectors with the resources to buy this book at $300k+ exist who want it and don't have it. Given the economy, my guess is we can assume that number has dwindled a bit.

I don't see this book going into $400K unless sheer irrationality takes over for two bidders, and I (1) see no past evidence for this happening and (2) tend to think that people are acting more rational than ever now that so much wealth has evaporated in the markets (40% of world weath according to one estimate).

Will Hollywood bid?

Will a sports star bid?

True and I agree, but this 6.0 Universal copy would be an upgrade for most... even the elite. (shrug)

comic collectors talk about "upgrades" not celebrities :baiting:

The perspective of someone gathering facts before jumping into this area:

It seem to me that the battle here is between economic rationality and desire.

I don't see a pure investor with no real interesnt in comics buying this book for these reasons:

(1) The comic market has a lot of "entry barriers" because of its insular nature, the disparity of information, and its lack of regulation;

(2) The long term value of a comic book with pages that are already showing irreversible tanning is questionable compared to other investments;

(3) The short term profit to be made on a comic book in these uncertain times is questionable; and, for the more sophisticated investor with better access to information

(4) No comic book has sold at auction for $300K+, the current "record" private sales were resold at a significant loss, a 6.5 Action 1 has sold relatively recently for less money than the present bid price for this book, and, a wide swath of people in the hobby, as evidenced by comments on this site, view this book as generously graded.

Having said that, I fully expect earnest collectors to bid up the value of this book. Thus, the question is how many collectors with the resources to buy this book at $300k+ exist who want it and don't have it. Given the economy, my guess is we can assume that number has dwindled a bit.

I don't see this book going into $400K unless sheer irrationality takes over for two bidders, and I (1) see no past evidence for this happening and (2) tend to think that people are acting more rational than ever now that so much wealth has evaporated in the markets (40% of world weath according to one estimate).

(thumbs u

Will Hollywood bid?

Will a sports star bid?

comic collectors talk about "upgrades" not celebrities :baiting:

Well, I'm a celebrity in my own mind and I'm always looking for upgrades, so... :devil::kidaround: