• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

it bears repeating that I correctly picked the closing price of $317K....

in fact, on most major auctions, I think I have been within single digits % wise...so, it pays to "pay" attention to the market...

that said, if anyone would like purchasing advice, for a small fee, I will assist (I mean, GPA tells you "after" the fact what a book sells for, and they charge...surely me telling you "before" the fact is worth a fee lol )

I'd buy you lunch, any time for that info (and not a hotdog;) , you are always helpful with your intuition...and sorry you lost the book, I know you were looking forward to it, but ...hope a better one shows up for you soon! :wishluck:

it bears repeating that I correctly picked the closing price of $317K....

in fact, on most major auctions, I think I have been within single digits % wise...so, it pays to "pay" attention to the market...

that said, if anyone would like purchasing advice, for a small fee, I will assist (I mean, GPA tells you "after" the fact what a book sells for, and they charge...surely me telling you "before" the fact is worth a fee lol )

Rick, I've said it before...you are BANG on. You called the MMC #9 on Heritage last year on the nose and this book too. That's why I changed my tune. I took a wild guess in the beginning and realized that I had to defer to your experience.

I'm thinking that whatever happens has to happen and you are likely not the owner of the 6.0 because there are bigger and better things waiting for you.

(thumbs u

I do have an advantage too... I really don't do much all day while the kids are in school except watch, listen, talk, and learn... nothing I do is "magical" it is just paying attention, and I am fortunate and blessed to have the time to do that :)

I do have an advantage too... I really don't do much all day while the kids are in school except watch, listen, talk, and learn... nothing I do is "magical" it is just paying attention, and I am fortunate and blessed to have the time to do that :)

Yup. That's why I called it experience.

So...planning a vacation any time soon or did you want the #9 back?

:makepoint:

yeah, but i think in today's market, that wagner card wont sell for what it did last year. just a thought.

Well you know the old saying.You cant argue with results and im not.

So will you sell yours for 320?

Dollars?

yeah, but i think in today's market, that wagner card wont sell for what it did last year. just a thought.

Well you know the old saying.You cant argue with results and im not.

So will you sell yours for 320?

Dollars?

320k in euros would be nicer I'll bet!!

Yes, I meant Euros.

We will be having another ComicConnect auction in about a month. In that auction will be another original owner unrestored CGC Action #1.

Wow. Who would have thunk it.

:/

Somebody explained this possible scenario weeks ago.

seems to me that teh final hammer price was always coming down to a strict formula:

Gator's final bid + $200

So Gators "prediction" came true cause it was him and "some other bidder" who I imagine we will never identify.

seems to me that teh final hammer price was always coming down to a strict formula:

Gator's final bid + $200

So Gators "prediction" came true cause it was him and "some other bidder" who I imagine we will never identify.

Credit is given where due. Well done Sir Rick. I thee Knight you.

We will be having another ComicConnect auction in about a month. In that auction will be another original owner unrestored CGC Action #1.

Wow. Who would have thunk it.

:/

Somebody explained this possible scenario weeks ago.

I too will once again be riding Metro's coattails and offering a 5.5ep heavily restored Action 1 next month!