• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

We will be having another ComicConnect auction in about a month. In that auction will be another original owner unrestored CGC Action #1.
When will you be selling the 6.0?

Now there's an interesting question. :popcorn:

We will be having another ComicConnect auction in about a month. In that auction will be another original owner unrestored CGC Action #1.

since Metro posted, I assume it is ok to answer this...

it is a cgc 1.8 (thumbs u

anyone want to fill me in quickly on the 400 posts I missed since last night?

I was busy looking at art (and occasionally checking my phone for the price) last night so I missed it all

we were just updating the bidding process for those that might not have been able to log on or follow the auction...

and, ultimately, my concession speech :cry:

my gut was $317K...but what do I know

alright, go back to page 16 (or the 160-170 post range if you use diff than 10 per page) and feast your eyes on ACCURACY in Prognostication!!!!!!

the "doctor" is in (for a fee)

Gator, I dis-agreed with you but I have not known you to be wrong. In fact you called the price of the MMC #9 5.0 on heritage bang on as well as a few other books.

Here's hoping you're right.

(thumbs u

As the Action #1's come out of the woodwork (now would be the time) it may keep the price down.

R.

let me also say that Roy is one smart man (thumbs u

Rick, I have some questions about the auction. Were you bidding in 200.00 increments? Were you the high bidder each time you bid or were you searching for his bid point? Were you letting the 3 minutes run or were you banging your bid in aggressively? I ask because I find this format intriguing from a pychological standpoint. I was in extended bidding on a grail and I was beat as well. I'm not sure my strategy worked and I have no idea of where my competitor may have stopped.

heres another question: if the highest bidder pre-extended was at 400K, and you were say 300K. does the system automatically place the other guys extended bidding at $200 increments? probably yes. So no matter what increment you bid in the extended period, there would be an auto bid popping back at your bid plus $200.

Did you experience what you thought were auto bids back at you, confirming you wee bidding against a max bid and not a live bidder?

and one more, if its too personal PM me or dont answer at all: did you sop bidding at 317 because of fear of winning it for more than that (sticking to a budget?) or, because you felt you were not going to win it and were serving only to drive up the price, hurting your chances on the next Action 1 to appear? Ive often come to that conclusion. But Ive never paid (or bid) 300K for a comic book either. Bravo!

Ok, I was ready to sign on the dotted line with this:

alright, go back to page 16 (or the 160-170 post range if you use diff than 10 per page) and feast your eyes on ACCURACY in Prognostication!!!!!!

...but you blew it with this. :screwy:

are you saying roy is TWO smart men, or not smart al all. please clear this up mike.

are you saying roy is TWO smart men, or not smart al all. please clear this up mike.

One smart lady.

:kidaround: j/k Roy.

I hope the next Action 1 that comes up on the auction block has a much higher bid increment which I think of course should depend upon what the current bid price is and fall into a certain % of the current price category. I think the possibility of Rick winning the Action 1 would have been greater if the bid increments were more like $5000+ which is what I've seen in auctions where the bidding gets up in the few hundred thousand dollar range. Now of course there's also the likelihood that regardless of what the bid increment was or what Rick's top all bid was, he was just not going to win it. For all we know, the winner was willing to take the bidding to the moon. In any event, congrats to the new owner.

Rick, I have some questions about the auction. Were you bidding in 200.00 increments? Were you the high bidder each time you bid or were you searching for his bid point? Were you letting the 3 minutes run or were you banging your bid in aggressively? I ask because I find this format intriguing from a pychological standpoint. I was in extended bidding on a grail and I was beat as well. I'm not sure my strategy worked and I have no idea of where my competitor may have stopped.

most of the time, I bid in $2-5K increments...I was high bidder for the last 7 days or so, then, once outbid, I went to 299 to 303 to 305 to 310 to 313 to 317 (or something like that)

I don't think I took advantage of the 200 increments...but, when I was outbid, say at 305,200, the other bidder(s) might have bid 306,000, but because the increments were $200, I was only outbid by $200

so, my final $317,000 bid, was high for a second, then when I refreshed, and was outbid at 317,200, I had no way to know if the winner put in a $400K bid, because incrementally, it only added $200 to my bid