• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Cole supplies OA display frame question?

11 posts in this topic

I've scored supplies from Bill Cole enterprises in the past and plan on scoring some more stuff from them soon...I was wondering if anyone here on the boards has purchased or is using their OA display frame:

http://www.bcemylar.com/display_frame.cfm

This is CONSIDERABLY cheaper than taking my OA to a framer (like I did last time)...I understand that this isn't top notch archival glass, but instead just UV glass...but does anyone else use it? Is it solid enough for a cheapo page? anyone have an OA cover in one?

Also, has anyone tried their CGC display frames?

http://www.bcemylar.com/graded_comics.cfm (close to the bottom of the page)

Thanks in advance (:

I've scored supplies from Bill Cole enterprises in the past and plan on scoring some more stuff from them soon...I was wondering if anyone here on the boards has purchased or is using their OA display frame:

This is CONSIDERABLY cheaper than taking my OA to a framer (like I did last time)...I understand that this isn't top notch archival glass, but instead just UV glass...but does anyone else use it? Is it solid enough for a cheapo page? anyone have an OA cover in one?

Thanks in advance (:

Try posting this in the OA section

I am now interested in knowing as well :popcorn:

Also, has anyone tried their CGC display frames?

http://www.bcemylar.com/graded_comics.cfm (close to the bottom of the page)

Thanks in advance (:

I saw a row of them at a store - wasn't impressed at all seeing that the frame looks like a $5 wal-mart special. BCE stuff in general is horribly overpriced, though, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised.

I will once again recommend Frame it Again Sam's CGC frames for anyone who cares to listen - at $14/frame, you really can't go wrong.

BCE stuff in general is horribly overpriced, though, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised.

yeah, but ya gotta dig the 2 mil arklites (thumbs u

Are you talking about the 2 mil arklites that are exactly the same as Gerber's Mylites2 (because Gerber and BCE share the same patent), but cost almost twice as much? Nope, I really don't dig those (thumbs u

BCE stuff in general is horribly overpriced, though, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised.

Are you talking about the 2 mil arklites that are exactly the same as Gerber's Mylites2 (because Gerber and BCE share the same patent), but cost almost twice as much? Nope, I really don't dig those (thumbs u

:o really?

i've been using arklites for too long :doh:

well, thank you schmidty :)

I will once again recommend Frame it Again Sam's CGC frames for anyone who cares to listen - at $14/frame, you really can't go wrong.

Totally agree. I highly recommend as well. (thumbs u His OA frames work well, too!

No problem whatsoever - the Gerber & BCE mylar is identical in every way, so there's no reason to pay a premium here. I've also found that the true acid-free BCE backing boards (the time-x-tenders) have a tendency to shed cardboard shavings in the bag - which is lame - so, again, I much prefer the Gerber half-backs & full-backs (which are also true acid-free boards).

No problem whatsoever - the Gerber & BCE mylar is identical in every way, so there's no reason to pay a premium here. I've also found that the true acid-free BCE backing boards (the time-x-tenders) have a tendency to shed cardboard shavings in the bag - which is lame - so, again, I much prefer the Gerber half-backs & full-backs (which are also true acid-free boards).

thankee shcmidt (thumbs u