• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name your favorite SILVER AGE COVERS !

109 posts in this topic

I'll mix it up a little...

Donald Duck #26 (#1), 1952 (Atom Age? Silver Age?)... The "Halloween" cover by Barks (with Marie Severin doing the coloring!)

Action #363 (Adams cover, "Kryptonite AIDS prototype")

House of Mystery #192 (freaky mad-scientist involuntary brain surgery cover by Adams)...I guess this may be early Bronze Age...

Daredevil #7 (Sub-Mariner, Red Costume, Wally Wood!)

Timely ,That Strange Tales is a beauty! thumbsup2.gif I bought mine about 12 years ago it's at least vf+ it may be better,Idon't have it near me at the moment.Thanks for reminding me about it again.

Spidey #6 was also the first Silver Age I ever bought (right off the stands)!

Strange Tales #107 is my favorite cover from that time period. I sometimes think it could have been done better with a different background color (graduated blue maybe) but it's impact is powerful! Also like Strange Tales #114 and #116.

Steranko - X-Men #50 - top 10 fave!

(too many to choose...)

Are you sure? I though Subby #7 was the battle w/ he and Thing. You may be thinking of Fury #4 (Awesome Steranko cover) where Fury is striking a similar pose. (Side note: Dave Johnson swiped this cover for 100 Bullets Issue #8!!)

Chris