• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman,DOLLMAN & CHAMP were ALL TOP of FLASH PRIZE +More 10% off

113 posts in this topic

Zip Jet #2, this one is a gerber 7, some color loss on the front, pages are OK, but there is foxing on the back, still NOT easy to find...

$65.00 which is what I paid for it, quite a while ago... :news: Sold!

zipjet20001.jpg

Fantastic Comics #20, by Fox, 1941... I have no idea how to grade this one, the staples are secure, centerfold secure, spine is nice, book is complete, there is a moisture stain lower right that stains the first few pages. It's a really solid copy with nice colors. and I was told that the later Fantastics are very hard to find. It's a FLAG cover... NOTE :gossip: there are only 2 copies of this book in the Census...$200.00. :news: SOLD!

fantastic200001.jpg

fantastic20b0001.jpg

Fantastic Comics #20, by Fox, 1941... I have no idea how to grade this one, the staples are secure, centerfold secure, spine is nice, book is complete, there is a moisture stain lower right that stains the first few pages. It's a really solid copy with nice colors. and I was told that the later Fantastics are very hard to find. It's a FLAG cover... $200.00.

Here is some unasked-for PR...some Fox lover here should buy this book! (Bob?)

Very tough issue to find...I doubt you'll see another anytime soon. (thumbs u

Unfortunately, I had to work all morning through the evening, and we couldn't quite get things in order to do it properly... but no biggie. We did get to go out for beer (just for me though) and wings last night though, so that always makes for a nice night :)

How are things for you?

Fantastic Comics #20, by Fox, 1941... I have no idea how to grade this one, the staples are secure, centerfold secure, spine is nice, book is complete, there is a moisture stain lower right that stains the first few pages. It's a really solid copy with nice colors. and I was told that the later Fantastics are very hard to find. It's a FLAG cover... $200.00.

Here is some unasked-for PR...some Fox lover here should buy this book! (Bob?)

Very tough issue to find...I doubt you'll see another anytime soon. (thumbs u

Fox lover... :foryou: Thanks, Jon!

I'm having some computer issues, ..so I think I'll have to continue this tomorrow night

I'll get the Detective, Batman and rest of the books listed then!

My Secret Story #26, 1949, upper staple pop, there is an irregular size piece off the back, about 3/4 by 1 inch. Still Good, $12.00

mysecretstory0001.jpg

That kind of looks like Jane Russell or am I crazy?

It does doesn't it. You know that could be a thread comic women who look like actresses. I've got a couple of Bakers that look like they were modeled on actresses of the time.

And the man looks like an older Robert Young...(Father Knows Best, Marcus Welby MD)

Does anyone else own books they have NO recollection of buying?

Happens to me all the time. :)

Oh, and uh, are the brownies free...? I've got some spare change in the couch, I think.

Whew, I'm glad I'm not alone...I'm trying to figure out why my system is so slow...and yes, of COURSE the brownies are FREE, save your change for COMICS...!

I also found out the Western Adventures with NN is really NN #2, lol..thanks Jack, I will fix that!

Zip Jet #2, this one is a gerber 7, some color loss on the front, pages are OK, but there is foxing on the back, still NOT easy to find...

$65.00 which is what I paid for it, quite a while ago...

zipjet20001.jpg

I have never seen this book before in my life! :applause:

OK, I'm back, I'll post a few more, then the rest tomorrow...

Detective 54, a wonderful classic cover, book is complete, someone sewed it about 1/2 inch from the spine, but the stitches were long ago removed. The pages are off-white, and that stain on the back, only affects the cover, not the pages. It's a solid lower grade copy. Cover is attached, so is the centerfold, there is a subscription crease.

$225.00

detective540001.jpg

detective54b0002.jpg

$65.00 which is what I paid for it, quite a while ago...

zipjet20001.jpg

I have never seen this book before in my life! :applause:

Maybe someone collects green BIKINI covers;) ? hm

The guy in the plane has green pants too... :)

You know we really shouldn't let people discriminate against colorful men;)

I think he looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy in the plane has green pants too... :)

Not to mention the car --

but it's Zippy's right hand that my attention keeps getting drawn to, with that should-I-or-shouldn't-I look on his face. Cracks me up!

Jack