• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative Feedback???

8 posts in this topic

As I sit here watching my Carolina Panyhers getting embarrassed by the Arizonia Cardinals, I was wondering, as en ebay seller, has anyone given a buyer negative feedback? I sold a book over a month ago, and while I've had several correspondences with the buyer, from "death in the family", to the "check is in the mail", I have yet to receive the money for this book. The last time I emailed the buyer, I said that if I didn't hear anything from them by this weekend that I was going to relist the book.

My question is this: Should I give this buyer negative feedback, or just relist the book and give no feedback at all?

If it's a higher price item, and you need to get the final value fees back file a NPB report first.

If it's a cheapy then just pass and relist.

It's not worth getting a neg back over 75 cents. tongue.gif

Block him from bidding on your auctions ever again.

Always file non-paying bidder alert and put in for your final value fees; it's the only way to get a deadbeat banned from ebay (it takes three FVF requests to do it, I believe).

Leave negative feedback only if you feel like it and don't care about reprisals. I've left about half a dozen negs for non-payment, some I let slide, some I don't. Don't be surprised by an unwarranted neg in response to your leaving one though....

If you can 'take a negative', ie: it isn't actually going to drastically reduce your own rating, I'd give him one. Help the next poor guy know what's going on. Do the NPB too.

I leave negatives for deadbeats, but I always threaten them with a negative first:

"I haven't yet received payment for The Amazing Spoogeman #75 you won on eBay. Please send payment within the next two weeks or I'll report you to eBay and leave negative feedback."

That USUALLY works, although sometimes you just can't get around someone who doesn't want to pay.