• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt68 returns as the returner

267 posts in this topic

So i guess the fact this guy acted like he knew nothing of comics and had a BS story about his uncle giving him some books :blahblah::blahblah: to pay some bills even tho they were bought on ebay then tried to pawn them here as unrestored is cool. Roy i like you but just because you almost made a buck off some liar surely shouldnt give him credibility.

Dude, first off I never made a buck off of him. I never even ended up buying something off of him...we emailed and talked on the phone.

These are my experiences with him.

I saw the X-men #1 for sale

I emailed him.

We spoke on the phone.

I ended up being too busy and too broke and passed on the book.

I saw him getting his arse chewed out. I never went into the thread because I figured the truth would come out.

He left and came back under a different name. I couldn't care less as from what I knew of him he was open with me and probably just needed a fresh start.

He got razzed again.

I offered to buy his All Select comics

He ended up selling to someone else.

I saw a pic of his triceps.

I challenged him to an armwrestle.

Nik figured I'd do the guy in so I backed off.

Now I see this.

I don't know the inbetweens but you guys often back a guy into a corner and hammer them from all sides and it's tough to take a breath when getting pummeled by 5 people at a time.

Dice's advice is the best I've ever read.

Start fresh, be honest, rebuild yourself.

That's it from my end gang.

R.

I was going to let it die, but....what the hell. FIRST, I never asked for a GPA. Read the post. I asked for CGC sales stats because I have seen guys here on the boards post them with their sales. I never claimed to not know what a GPA is. I simply asked about sales. Secondly, I was seeing if I got a good deal on it because I have also purchased a 7.5 copy of the same book and am selling the undercopy. Lastly, if you read the recent post for a FF#12 sale, the guy there (rube11) uses "GPA" info to say the a recent one (5.0) sold for $703 in December, and that the average is around $560. I am asking $525 shipped. Now how is that overpricing?

If you insist on playing this card... GPA is for slabbed books, that's what rube11 is selling, you are not.

So i guess the fact this guy acted like he knew nothing of comics and had a BS story about his uncle giving him some books :blahblah::blahblah: to pay some bills even tho they were bought on ebay then tried to pawn them here as unrestored is cool. Roy i like you but just because you almost made a buck off some liar surely shouldnt give him credibility.

Dude, first off I never made a buck off of him. I never even ended up buying something off of him...we emailed and talked on the phone.

I emailed him.

We spoke on the phone.

I saw him getting his arse chewed out. I never went into the thread because I figured the truth would come out.

He left and came back under a different name. I couldn't care less as from what I knew of him he was open with me and probably just needed a fresh start.

He got razzed again.

Now I see this.

I don't know the inbetweens but you guys often back a guy into a corner and hammer them from all sides and it's tough to take a breath when getting pummeled by 5 people at a time.

R.

:golfclap:

I'm glad you chimed in on that Roy. When I read that post about you I thought WTF? Seemed like a not so subtle stab at your character, questioning your motivations for offering your opinion of the guy. I think its ridiculous how some folks are going about this. Instead of trying to find an amicable way to move forward they want to continue railing against the guy and then Green takes a shot a you? Well, I considered that a shot at you anyway.

I concur, Dice's advice is great

I emailed him.

We spoke on the phone.

He got razzed again.

Now I see this.

R.

Didn't you admire his wife in between there? :baiting:

I don't think he took a shot at me. I think he was just stating that one positive experience doesn't wash his other sins away.

I think the best thing to do is everyone just give a little space and take Dice's advice.

R.

Didn't you admire his wife in between there? :baiting:

:whistle:

Didn't everone else too? I was just honest about it.

:kidaround:

Well, I considered that a shot at you anyway.

I didn't. Roy is bulletproof and has X-Ray vision. :gossip:

My girlfriend does call me Superman but I promised to use my powers for good.

:angel:

No. She's asking "What's for supper, man?" :baiting:

:jokealert:

:roflmao:

Oh, this can go so many ways..... lol

Play nice.

:mad:

For what it's worth.....Matt recently bought some books from me & I consider the transaction a positive one. He was polite in his PMs & paid instantly. 2c

He should have waited you out until you were really desperate. :foryou:

Play nice.

Sorry. Did I out you as not being the dominant half of the relationship? :shy:

I know I'm new to all this but I have been burned a few times in this hobby already. No matter how many good references someone has there will always be a hint of dishonesty coming from comic sellers (that's just the way society paints ''the comic book guy'') be it on eBay, cons, whatever. This hobby has been marred by so much dishonesty (you all know the examples) that having guys like grinder to point out discrepencies is a godsend to everybody from noobs to experienced dealers. You have to have thick skin to make it as a seller here, but you also have to be super cautious to make it as a buyer in the hobby. Most of all there's no need for BS stories to sell books. Sell the book, not the story!

Play nice.

Sorry. Did I out you as not being the dominant half of the relationship? :shy:

:whatev:

Once upon a time, in a far away place.................. :baiting:
Lived a mechanic named Nik who looked smashing in lace.

He loved winters in Beantown

wasn't life grand?

Til an incident with a snowblower

nearly cost him his hand

Once upon a time, in a far away place.................. :baiting:
Lived a mechanic named Nik who looked smashing in lace.

He loved winters in Beantown

wasn't life grand?

Til an incident with a snowblower

nearly cost him his hand

lol:popcorn: