• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desert Wind Comics Stan Lee and New York submissions.

30 posts in this topic

For everyone who had submitted books to Desert Wind Comics for the following signings:

Stan Lee

John Romita Sr.

Gene Colan

Joe Simon

New York Comic-Con

Mega Con

Do to the fact of the following items:

1. CGC ran out of forms in New York on Sunday so no submissions could be made.

2. DWC had to ship home 70 lbs. of books due to the additional Stan Lee submissions in New York which arrived in Las Vegas the Friday after New York was over with. (some books that traveled back to Las Vegas on the plane got submitted to CGC that week)

3. DWC had to prep and get 300 books to Stan Lee within the week (averaged 50 books a day for 5 days) and had to drive to Los Angeles to finish the signing with Stan on Saturday, Feb. 21st.

4. Upon returning from Los Angeles on Sunday morning, The books then had to be packed to go to Orlando on Monday, Feb 23rd.

5. All books were submitted to CGC by the time Mega Con was over with.

So due to the fact that we were on the road for more then 15 days in the month of February, we wanted everyone to know their books are at CGC. PLEASE NOTE we will be taking a few days off to recover and will be getting the invoice numbers to everyone by the end of this coming weekend.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

For everyone who had submitted books to Desert Wind Comics for the following signings:

Stan Lee

John Romita Sr.

Gene Colan

Joe Simon

New York Comic-Con

Mega Con

Do to the fact of the following items:

1. CGC ran out of forms in New York on Sunday so no submissions could be made.

2. DWC had to ship home 70 lbs. of books due to the additional Stan Lee submissions in New York which arrived in Las Vegas the Friday after New York was over with. (some books that traveled back to Las Vegas on the plane got submitted to CGC that week)

3. DWC had to prep and get 300 books to Stan Lee within the week (averaged 50 books a day for 5 days) and had to drive to Los Angeles to finish the signing with Stan on Saturday, Feb. 21st.

4. Upon returning from Los Angeles on Sunday morning, The books then had to be packed to go to Orlando on Monday, Feb 23rd.

5. All books were submitted to CGC by the time Mega Con was over with.

So due to the fact that we were on the road for more then 15 days in the month of February, we wanted everyone to know their books are at CGC. PLEASE NOTE we will be taking a few days off to recover and will be getting the invoice numbers to everyone by the end of this coming weekend.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Chandler and Sharon,

Your hard work is really appreciated and your effforts are always kept in mind. Thank you for all you do. ^^

Um... you guys didn't happen to snap any group shots of the books before submitting them, did you? (Yes, I was one of those kids who was insufferable leading up to Christmas) lol

If not, that's cool too. I'm just :insane: with anxiousness! And I know I've thanked you in almost every PM Chandler (and Sharon), but thanks again--this was SUCH an awesome opportunity to get to take part in!

I think Sharon should take a break....I see how hard she works and I see how Chandler chooses to spend his time at the show while she is working....who would have thought CGC would certify kisses on books?

Chandler and Sharon do work hard at what they do.

Thanks again, even though I didn't submit any books thru you guys at Mega-Con, it was definately a welcoming site seeing the both of you.

You should hire Kris Moore full time.

And why is that? Besides Kris is on hiatis.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

He's on hiatus? Knee injury?

I think Sharon should take a break....I see how hard she works and I see how Chandler chooses to spend his time at the show while she is working....who would have thought CGC would certify kisses on books?

...Me

And you'd better believe I'm taking credit for the idea!

So how do I choose to spend my time at the show Dan?? I am not standing around getting sketchs for myself like other people I know. So do tell us how I spend my time at shows. Oh and do you have the camera footage of me staying up until 3 am getting books ready?

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

So how do I choose to spend my time at the show Dan?? I am not standing around getting sketchs for myself like other people I know. So do tell us how I spend my time at shows. Oh and do you have the camera footage of me staying up until 3 am getting books ready?

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Nope I dont have that footage, since you posted a sign no cameras and frisked me before and after I came into your and sharons timeshare.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Nope I dont have that footage, since you posted a sign no cameras and frisked me before and after I came into your and sharons timeshare.

Woah.... :popcorn:

I missed that part this weeked..