• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner

144 posts in this topic

I just called the Louis Stephens convention center. The havent heard anything about the show being cancelled. They gave me Wizards number also. They state the show is still on schedule. Just for anyones info, and the hysterical. :D

DRX

Who in the wide world of sports is Louis Stephens.. (shrug)

C

I am really new to this, What are these forum dinners about?

hm hard to describe...

A little bit of...

Lucia.jpg

with a little of this mixed in

610x.jpg

I just called the Louis Stephens convention center. The havent heard anything about the show being cancelled. They gave me Wizards number also. They state the show is still on schedule. Just for anyones info, and the hysterical. :D

DRX

Who in the wide world of sports is Louis Stephens.. (shrug)

C

Sorry there, I had to many beers the other night when that flame war was going on. Its the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center ( formerly the Rosemont Convention Center ). Its where the Wizard Chicago Con is held since it was moved from the Ramada due to its increase in size. Sorry for the mistake.

And just for everybodys info, Donald E. Stephens was the mayor of Rosemont. (thumbs u

DRX

If you are attending, please paypal me $75 to dcusimano@usa.net. I have to put the deposit down on the room and am not really looking forward to fronting it. I'll have to have Paratrooper come after you.

Somebody else wanted the room for that day, I had right of first refusal. If I don't take it, it will go to that person. Misery, but what can you do.

If you are attending, please paypal me $75 to dcusimano@usa.net. I have to put the deposit down on the room and am not really looking forward to fronting it. I'll have to have Paratrooper come after you.

Dan, I'm in, I'll be sending Paypal sometime tonight. (thumbs u

Updated 3/16

Paid :banana: attendees

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season. Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

Everybody's welcome, please feel free to bring guests.

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 8th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

(straight vegetarians, please contact me - I know of a couple)

Baked potato (as big as a football)

Veggie combination plates

I have had to put the deposit down on the room, assuming that people are coming. If you are coming, paypal me $75 dcusimano@usa.net. Don't make me track you down at the dinner...

You know you're coming, so sign up now!

That's my MMC #9 on the left!

:banana:

We also had free Tequila shots, great conversation with the staff, made fun of greggy, almost had a fist fight between board members and there may have been some chandelier swinging but I don't remember.

:whistle:

Updated 3/23

Why wait? Pay now and be done with it! You KNOW you're coming!

Paid :banana: attendees

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season. Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

Everybody's welcome, please feel free to bring guests.

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 8th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

(straight vegetarians, please contact me - I know of a couple)

Baked potato (as big as a football)

Veggie combination plates

I have had to put the deposit down on the room, assuming that people are coming. If you are coming, paypal me $75 dcusimano@usa.net. Don't make me track you down at the dinner...

You know you're coming, so sign up now!