• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner

144 posts in this topic

Hopefully I'll be paying poker again. Made it to the final table last year. This year....I'm taking the win.

As soon as I do.....I'll cruise on over to Gibsons.....and buy drinks of plenty:banana:

Play poker Friday night. Eat Saturday night.

Keldog, if you're seriously considering getting back into the comics biz even in a small way, you should consider gritting your teeth, ponying up the 75 bones, and attending the Dinner.

You'll be dining with some of the real movers and shakers in the comics collecting community, and have an opportunity to talk shop with some of the smartest collectors and dealers in the nation.

No, not not necessarily me, I'm just a small time collector trying to earn beer money and free comics. I may have some useful insights and then maybe not, but the Big Dogs will be there too.

And I'll guarantee that every person in the room loves comics and will have something to contribute.

Yeah, I just need to sell some books on here that are CGCed but I need to price them just right to make a sale and that will leave me some pocket change so I don't feel like a :insane: that can't make the con. I got people that want my raw books on here but I want to cgc them first so they don't think I over graded my books, I see a 9.8 but you see a 9.6 which makes a big price differents. I want to be known in good standings in the comic world and not the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that over charged me, now this tool is at the table eating with me. I'm like you a small fish who sees the books as art and would love to own it or just hold it for a second but then there are those that see it as profit and only that out of all the 9.8 in the world I own the 9.9 that you could never afford so I'm better then you. I rather own a 9.4 or lower and stay a small fish if that makes me pure and I can show my little girl my books and she be amazed daddy has a restored hulk #181 but she just see only Wolverine is what daddy owns.

:banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana:

I have been welcome to this board with opened arms by a or some kind soul(s) :angel: and helped me so this small fish could swim in the big ocean with some of the big fishes. I would love to thank you for this act of kindness :foryou: and I hope one day I can return the favor back and if I own a book in my collection that would help complete your set I will be glad to let it go as a jestor of kindness to a fellow collector who sees comics more then just way to make a fast buck but as history of our past put in a visual media of communication. True heroes dosen't have to be bite by a radioactive insect or come from an other world or have big m. A real hero is one that dose what they know is right thing. Like being a good father figure to your kid(s), getting the elderly person who you know the lives by themself their meds and groceries while given them a reason to keep going, showing comfort to someone who has gone threw a tragic event or lose, or not turning your head but acting on things that you witness that are done in the wrong and making them right again.

Comics to me are the blue prints to how a human being should be to the world they live in, that a hero is in all of us, and to do something ourself instead of waiting for someone to act on it first. How may time do you have people standing around when someone is in the need of help and all people can say or think is, "Somebody should do something!" as time is the factor to the person in need. The person who helped me saw I needed help and acted (plus if I did try and sell some of my comics that aren't really on anyone "want list" then I would come out on would be $25 and gaps in my collection doh!). So thank you again :hi:.

Updated 6/11

Less than two months away!

Paid :banana: attendees

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

The Watcher

Transplant

Mutant Manatee

1Koko

MrBedrock

Detective27kid

shiverbones

Not So BigMike

catrick339]

campued1010

keldog <== anonymous benefactor!

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season. Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

Everybody's welcome, please feel free to bring guests.

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 8th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

(straight vegetarians, please contact me - I know of a couple)

Baked potato (as big as a football)

Veggie combination plates

I have had to put the deposit down on the room, assuming that people are coming. If you are coming, paypal me $75 dcusimano@usa.net. Don't make me track you down at the dinner...

You know you're coming, so sign up now!

Updated 6/11

Less than two months away!

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

The Watcher

Transplant

Mutant Manatee

1Koko

MrBedrock

Detective27kid

shiverbones

Not So BigMike

catrick339]

campued1010

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season. Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

I have had to put the deposit down on the room, assuming that people are coming. If you are coming, paypal me $75 dcusimano@usa.net. Don't make me track you down at the dinner...

:bump: -- I think its 46 days until the dinner --

Updated 6/24

Less than six weeks away!

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

The Watcher

Transplant

Mutant Manatee

1Koko

MrBedrock

Detective27kid

shiverbones

Not So BigMike

catrick339]

campued1010

Scrooge

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center.

The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season.

Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Where:

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

Updated 6/30

Less than six weeks away!

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

The Watcher

Transplant

Mutant Manatee

1Koko

MrBedrock

Detective27kid

shiverbones

Not So BigMike

catrick339]

campued1010

Scrooge

electricprune

Mrs. Donut <3

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center.

The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season.

Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Where:

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

Regretfully I will not be at the dinner this year. It's got nothing to do with politics. Our niece is getting married in Boston that weekend and my wife and I fly out Friday morning.

Have fun everyone and please say hi to the leering visage of Donald Stephens for me!

Regretfully I will not be at the dinner this year.

BUMMER! :(

It's got nothing to do with politics. Our niece is getting married in Boston that weekend and my wife and I fly out Friday morning.

AWESOME! CONGRATS! :applause:

Have fun everyone and please say hi to the leering visage of Donald Stephens for me!

WILL DO!

YOU WILL BE MISSED! <3

I will miss you, Gary...

How come no one is bumping this thread, lol?

I'm waiting to be added to the list, all paid, Skypinkblu and Mr Blu (Mr Pink so does not sound right;)

How about Guypinkblu? hm

I will miss you, Gary...

How come no one is bumping this thread, lol?

I'm waiting to be added to the list, all paid, Skypinkblu and Mr Blu (Mr Pink so does not sound right;)

How about Guypinkblu? hm

PLEASE do not suggest that, lol... :tonofbricks:

He's got a very wacky sense of humor, it would not be beyond him, to introduce himself that way (and I'm too easily embarrassed;)