• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Characters...

9 posts in this topic

Anybody know what the odds are that we'll see any of the cool Valiant characters come back into existence? what's the status of the copyrights, etc....

I'm still rebagging and cataloging all my books, and this weekend aI got to Image and Valiant..... (BTW, exactly how many titles did image have that ran in the 2-10 issue range??!!)

Anyway, There was some pretty cool ideas and reading in the Valiant books (NOT Ninjak!!) I'd love to read more X-O stuff, etc.....

Licenses for Magnus Robot Fighter and Solar, Man of the Atom

have reverted back to Western Publishing,

which is now Golden Books,

which is owned by Random House...

unless there's been another sale lately. smirk.gif

Acclaim still owns all the "Valiant original" characters,

Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Rai, Eternal Warrior,

Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Ninjak, etc.

Shadowman has had more than one video game recently,

though the character itself was the "Acclaim version" (volume two or three),

as opposed to the Valiant version (volume one).

Turok is still licensed from Random House, presumably,

to allow the Turok video games to stay on the shelves...

I believe that financially, Acclaim Entertainment, Inc., is in danger of losing

their status on the NASDAQ (due to the under $1 price per share),

which probably makes them more susceptible to being bought out,

or to liquidating their salable assets.

It was 10 years between the last Gold Key / Whitman prints of Solar & Magnus (1981)

before Valiant revived the characters in 1991.

It's only been about 5 years since Solar & Magnus were cancelled under Acclaim (1998).

Who knows what might happen between now and 2008? thumbsup2.gif

Though, I'd personally rather see the characters "stay dead"

than see another "Acclaim version" pop up with no character direction or continuity.

I might be alone, but I really dug the whole "spider-alien" thing and thought it had a lot of potential.....especially in Solar, X-O, etc...

How do we get DC to buy the Characters? They can then compete with Marvel Entertainment in the movie business!!

OK, my pipe dream is over now....

OK, my pipe dream is over now....

I'll take your pipe dream one step further:

How do we get DC to buy the Characters? They can then compete with Marvel Entertainment in the movie business!!

Get DC to buy the characters. Turn them over to Alan Moore to remake characters based on Valiant characters. "Watchmen II" is born! Then, you make a movie. tongue.gif

Chris

It would be great if somebody with some dough bought all the characters, including Magnus and Solar, hired Shooter, and relaunched the line starting at Rai #0, ignoring all post unity and Acclaim books. That's my pipe dream.

Though, I'd personally rather see the characters "stay dead" than see another "Acclaim version" pop up with no character direction or continuity.

I think this is the key. Much better for the characters long term appeal if they stay dead than be re-hashed badly.

Now if some quality writers and artists were available to use them... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif