• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey into Mystery 83 CGC 9.0

48 posts in this topic

I wonder if that's the copy Blazing Bob had for sale about 6-8 months ago?

I would love that book, but just wish it had Off-White pages at least.

Not sure if would pay $12K, but might pay $10K (or a little more), if it had Off-White Pages.

My guess is that the book will sell for....

20k IMHUO (IN MY HUMBLE UNBIASED OPINION)

Almost halfway there.

It is a really nice book.

Is this the one Bob Storm had 6-8 months ago. He had a VF/NM (9.0) with Cream to Off-White pages and I believe the wanted between $10-12K (can't remember)?

I seriously doubt that the price of that book has double in just a six months.

Either way, good luck. It is a very nice book

That is not where I purchased the book from.

I don't think it will get 20k, I was just being facetious, but with the way the Journeys have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if it went for 15k.

That is not where I purchased the book from.

I don't think it will get 20k, I was just being facetious, but with the way the Journeys have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if it went for 15k

I hear ya there. They are hot, but I have a feeling that they will cool down a little shortly. It is a tough title to find in high grade, but having Bob Storm RELEASE all those Fantastic Fours to the big spending collectors, has/will have an impact on prices of all Marvel titles.

I have already seen a number of collectors sell very nice books to pay Bob for their purchases. And I'm not sure this is the week to try to sell an extremely expensive book. Maybe three weeks ago (when you resold the JIM #85) or maybe in a month but right at Christmas time?

I have already seen a number of collectors sell very nice books to pay Bob for their purchases. And I'm not sure this is the week to try to sell an extremely expensive book. Maybe three weeks ago (when you resold the JIM #85) or maybe in a month but right at Christmas time?

I had very good luck last week with my eBay auctions, but then, I'm not putting mega-big-dollar books up for sale. (And it doesn't hurt that I'm listing with fixed prices, limiting my exposure).

I didn't realize that Bob Storms (Please spell it right) had that much of an effect on prices. $20,000 for a 9.0 JIM #83 with cream to offwhite pages? Sorry, I'm not buying that. My 9.0 was not a quick sale and even with the current JIM craze I think 20K is a very very optimistic price.

Is it just me, or is the seller also planning to do a bit of gouging with a 893whatthe.gif 40$ shipping fee? What is that..? For registered Us Postal mail?? foreheadslap.gif You could send it NextDay Air Fedex for that price !! Give me BRE AK ! For that kind of money, you can't pick up the shipping charges? Whoever buys this may not be getting ripped off on the fair market value of the book, but they sure will be taken to the cleaners for the shipping charges... !