• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey into Mystery 83 CGC 9.0

48 posts in this topic

I got some advice on how to report it to ebay, and I also added it to my description to beware the other. By the way, isn't Judeloo a forum member? He bid $6000 on the scam one. insane.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

Bidding and paying are two different things...esp in this case!!

btw, has this always been such a high value book? I had, prior to this auction, thought about picking it up in 8.0-9.0 but not at those prices if it is really a 12k book in 9.0

Brian

If the book had Off-White pages (or better), it could easily be a $12K book.

I do know that you accept Cream to Off-White page books (as long as there is no Tanning on the front cover). There's nothing wrong with that, but I'm sure many sellers on this board will tell you that they get significantly less for these books than Off-White counterparts. And many Silver-Age collectors will tell you they won't buy Cream to Off-White copies.

To each his own.

Is he a sophisticated scammer?????

Prefers money order/cheques, has a zero rating but quotes GPA etc etc etc

Interesting twist.

If it is real it is not the book to start off your ebay selling career with. Its'not April 1 is it? insane.gif

Those are my pictures and my words. How do I report him to ebay??

Dude, I don't know. I thought awhile ago ebay auctions had a place to just click on to "report this auction" if it violated ebay rules. Now I don't see anything like that. Look, it appears you're the one controlling the pic - can't you replace the pic with something really big that says "THIS AUCTION IS A SCAM" and then move your pic and correct your auction to the new pic location. I know it might be a pain, but it would be a pretty cool way to stop this guy. And then I would still look for ways to report this fraud auction to ebay. And if the bidder on the fraud auction is on this board, can't someone PM him about his bid? Just my thoughts.