• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"HATE TO SELL THEM" Golden Age/Pulp sales thread *THREAD CLOSED*

63 posts in this topic

here's whats left... i dropped the prices on ALL books, so have another look!

AMAZING MAN COMICS #15 Aug. 1940 (price dropped from $90 to $75)

MISS FURY #1 Winter 1942 (price dropped from $625 to $550) a real beaut! ;)

ASTOUNDING STORIES May 1931 (price dropped from $150 to $135)

TARGET COMICS v.1/#5 June 1940 (price dropped from $325 to $275 ) ... Wolverton, Baby!!! :banana:

REX DEXTER #1 1940 (price dropped from $250 to $225) you won't find a cheaper #1 from 1940!

PLANET COMICS #5, May 1940 (price dropped from $650 to $600) WOW!! :o

Congrats to the lucky buyers! :applause: And I'm relieved those two Foxes are gone. Guess I'll pay this month's mortgage after all....

I'll second that... :whistle:

MISS FURY #1 Winter 1942

VG/F, only resto is staple reinforcement, so neatly done I can’t really see it. pages are cream to off white, very supple.

Book is solid, amazing gloss and colors. cut outs intact. beautiful Tarpe Mills art from cover to cover. Hate to sell.

asking: $625

c001-12.jpg

c001-8.jpg

:takeit:per PM, thanks Ryan! :banana:

Great pick up Sharon :applause:

I sold a 2, 6, and 8 last year

I wish I had kept them

Love Tarpe Mills art in these

Thanks:) Wish you had kept them, too;) Rick :baiting: I have a 2, 4 and 8, could have used the 6;)

I've been floundering around trying to decide what else to collect, since I finished Wonder Woman, I guess it's Miss Fury and Sungirl;) and Venus...and Moon Girl ...and...

Well, you know.;)

Great pick up Sharon :applause:

I sold a 2, 6, and 8 last year

I wish I had kept them

Love Tarpe Mills art in these

Thanks:) Wish you had kept them, too;) Rick :baiting: I have a 2, 4 and 8, could have used the 6;)

I've been floundering around trying to decide what else to collect, since I finished Wonder Woman, I guess it's Miss Fury and Sungirl;) and Venus...and Moon Girl ...and...

Well, you know.;)

.......and Phantom Lady. :cloud9:

MISS FURY #1 Winter 1942

VG/F, only resto is staple reinforcement, so neatly done I can’t really see it. pages are cream to off white, very supple.

Book is solid, amazing gloss and colors. cut outs intact. beautiful Tarpe Mills art from cover to cover. Hate to sell.

asking: $625

c001-12.jpg

:takeit:per PM, thanks Ryan! :banana:

^^ Thanks Sharon!

Well, you know.;)

One of the collectors on here from Phoenix is into Venus in a big way. If you want to see if he's got any duplicates he'd be willing to part with, PM me for his name.

REX DEXTER #1 1940

an apparent G/VG (resto: support at lower staple), paper is cream to off-white.

covers: lightly soiled but complete , some clumsy work at the lower staple where it is reinforced to interior

C/F attached at staple.

nice solid copy for the grade... great stories of interplanetary adventure.

asking: $250

c001-9.jpg

c001-14.jpg

i'll take it!

PLANET COMICS #5, May 1940

graded at VG/FINE , no resto, paper is a cream to o/w (leaning more towards the light side).

really nice book: the book is folded slightly off, so it looks a bit wonky. solid, great colors, great paper. C/F attached. bit of lined paper stuck to inside of backcover...see photo. tape stain on back cover that stained inside last page as well.

wonderful stories. hate to sell it .

asking: $650

c001-5.jpg

c001-6.jpg

PLANET5backinsidecover.jpg

PLANET5interior.jpg

i'll take it too!

WEIRD TALES Jan. 1933

pulp is about a VG (with slight amateur color touch that bleeds through to a few pages along right side of book). paper is creamy, general pulp wear. spine is complete and unfaded (which are tough to find).

Robert E. Howard story, and amazing Brundage nude girl cover. Hate to part with this one as well.

asking: $150

c001-15.jpg

c001-16.jpg

I think thats all for now... thanks!

:takeit:

:applause: