• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

DSC005991.jpg

So whats the deal with this cover ?.. It some kind of variant ?..

Just a 1:10 variant. It has an estimated print run of 771 copies. Very prone to scuffing(black cover+fingernails/staples= :eek: , in my experience of collecting it.

For more:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/ComicDetail.aspx?PeopleComicID=191885&PeopleSetID=22115

Had a bad day today.

Got criticized by a supervisor.

Got cut by a large piece of metal.

...and locked myself out of my car.

But, when I got home. I received a package from EvilAsh as a surprise that turned my day around. :grin:

It was full of Locke & Key goodies.

A L&K bookmark, a SS book(signed by G-Rod) in 9.8 from the first arc's #4(one of my all time favorite covers-maybe the #1-so unsettling to the inside's content).

DSC028191.jpg

DSC028201.jpg

...and a Locke & Key poster signed by G-Rod personalized to me!

DSC028211.jpg

It will be framed for my office.

Thank you Steve! :foryou:

You are a great friend. :grin:

Nice stuff as always neg :) Sucks you had bad day though :S Do you have an office with a lock on it or is it a open office ?.. If no lock I'd suggest scanning that & printing up a copy to keep at the office ... That way t he original will be safe & sound at home

Edited by synch

"green lantern " big or "walking dead big" lol
Unfortunately, there aren't too many properly made DC movies that actually do go "big". It's why I am not holding my breath on "Green Lantern". I mean, I can only think of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies and Red(modest hit) as making money and a myraid list of the others (Jonah Hex, Watchmen, Superman Returns, Catwoman, Batman & Robin and Steel) that didn't do well. I'm not even talking about the ones that never got off the launch pad even(Supergirl, Justice League) to name a couple.

The Walking Dead is a different beast all together. Like Locke & Key, it's creator owned and it's not as mainstream commercial as something as one of the big two could put on Happy Meal orders to action figures across the country. It chugs on from it's own momentum it creates from public awareness. It's also our job as a community here to create that momentum too, by recommending it to our friends and family, so they can experience the next level of entertainment from Modern Day comics.

When I hear the budget of Locke & Key's pilot might top $10 million, it makes me feel good, as they are gonna try to make this as big as an event to draw in as much as the mainstream as they can to an unknown property as this is. Mention Locke & Key to a friend, they won't know what you are talking about. Mention it after the promos start popping up. It will be a different story.

Hmmmm... there's a new L&K registry set uniquely named "Upon Jerel's request"

:shy:

WELCOME STEVE! It's about time.

Yeah, great to have you aboard. :headbang:

Registry Set hazing will consist of you having to watch the entire first season of Mr. Belvedere on DVD(we almost lost Heff doing this). :sick:

mr_belvedere-show.jpg

Which reminds me. I have to catch up with Burn Notice on the DVR.

Today's new Joe Hill additions.

Kodiak and it's variant.

It had an estimated print run of 5,465 copies.

DSC028301.jpg

:luhv:

...and before someone asks why these are in the Locke & Key thread. Don't get me started. lol

Why Spider-Man Unlimited #8 can be in the L & K thread.

Why Grave Tales #6 can be in the L &K thread.

Today's new Joe Hill additions.

Kodiak and it's variant.

It had an estimated print run of 5,465 copies.

DSC028301.jpg

:luhv:

...and before someone asks why these are in the Locke & Key thread. Don't get me started. lol

Why Spider-Man Unlimited #8 can be in the L & K thread.

Why Grave Tales #6 can be in the L &K thread.

:golfclap: I've never seen that Variant, looks great love the cover (thumbs u