• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Hmmmm... there's a new L&K registry set uniquely named "Upon Jerel's request"

:shy:

WELCOME STEVE! It's about time.

Yeah, great to have you aboard. :headbang:

Registry Set hazing will consist of you having to watch the entire first season of Mr. Belvedere on DVD(we almost lost Heff doing this). :sick:

mr_belvedere-show.jpg

Which reminds me. I have to catch up with Burn Notice on the DVR.

Me and Mr B. are best buds! :headbang:

Is it just me or is the art kind of weird in the new series ?.. Just read #1 &2 ... bode is awesome I hope nothing bad happens to em by the end of this!
#1 was drawn like that on purpose because Joe is a big Calvin & Hobbes fan. You can see how his characters look like Calvin pretending to die, when they go through the Black Door. #2 reflected a more colder bleak winter atmosphere to match Erin Voss's thoughts and the final message. #3 was made because... well you are gonna have to read it. The first four issues of this arc were meant to be done in one little ditties. The #5 and #6 issues are gonna set-up the next arc, Time & Tide. The #5 cover with the music box with a bloody Omega symbol really sets a tone by itself. :fear:

News from Israel... Anywhere Key will debut in approx. 10 days

-AND-

there will be a Legacy Edition of the Ghost Key debuting at the same time, only the Legacy edition will have hollowed out eyes and won't be numbered.

Go here:

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/

:ohnoez:

How many Marvel Comic homage images could you find in the new issue?

I got:

1: Tyler walking away with his A's hat in a trashcan from the ASM #50 cover.

2: A muscular Bode in Hulking out in purple pants.

3: Jordan, doing an R-Rated Kitty Pryde impression about her Professor being a "Jerk".

I'm sure there is more. hm

-AND-

there will be a Legacy Edition of the Ghost Key debuting at the same time, only the Legacy edition will have hollowed out eyes and won't be numbered.

Go here:

I guess since they have multiple variants to the comics, they may as well have variants of the keys too! :insane:

-AND-

Go here:

I guess since they have multiple variants to the comics, they may as well have variants of the keys too! :insane:

I might buy an extra one and try to trick it ot with glowing red LED eyes or something. hm

[spoilers}

So hey how would bode even be able to use the giant key ?..His brother had a hard enough time lifting & even reaching the key up to the proper spot let alone some lil kid ..

Read #3 & simply hated the amount of keys... I think we saw quite a few of them though in vole2 with the year book pictures & also the thoughts of the school play ... I hated how dodge was also able to find/get so many different keys to fight them with as well & also not be found out by them.... He broke up with her whats he even doing in there house any more ?..

[/spoilers]

Read #3 & simply hated the amount of keys... I think we saw quite a few of them though in vole2 with the year book pictures & also the thoughts of the school play ... I hated how dodge was also able to find/get so many different keys to fight them with as well & also not be found out by them.... He broke up with her whats he even doing in there house any more ?..

Hill has always had a unique way of breaking new ground with storytelling in this title and instead of giving us an entire arc to introduce how solid of a family unit the Locke's are smacking down evil with all the keys, he gave us an issue set within a month. I felt it would have been redundant do keep doing arcs like this, myself. It would be telling the story through bulletproof glass, where the kids aren't really in any jeopardy, like an old episode of Scooby-Doo. Like issue Crown of Shadows #2, this is an emotional rollercoaster, full of humor, horror, action, the works. Look at this book, like a montage of the Locke kids trying to live their lives at Keyhouse like you get in the middle of an 80's movie, before the dark stuff comes... :o

:gossip:Post #3,000 :acclaim:

I understand the reasons for it & I'm sure the rest of the books will make up for it but it still makes me shake my head a lil... What would have been nice for this one is a guide picture at the end with all the key names & explaining what they do ...

Like the robot owl ... WTF lol Some stuff just seemed a bit too silly to me & also too convenient that everything he was able to use to disguise him self (dodge) like I said ...

I wonder iif he is ever going to go back & tell MR lockes story & dodges story of how he became so damned evil.... Seems to me like it would be a really interesting read ... I think dodge must have been a good guy at one point until he got that key stuck in his back

Oh re bode & giant key ... yes he had a friend but two small boys does not make up the power of one big strong teen! Even if they COULD lift the sucker they would have trouble with balancing it & even getting UP into that window ... I must admit as silly as it was it did make me laugh though

Edited by synch

I wonder iif he is ever going to go back & tell MR lockes story & dodges story of how he became so damned evil.... Seems to me like it would be a really interesting read ... I think dodge must have been a good guy at one point until he got that key stuck in his back.
I was for that myself, but after watching the Star Wars prequels on Spike last time they were on, I now feel this is better as his children's story. There is more mystery here that is being unraveled properly for their storyline, that probably won't be as suspenseful the second time around, IMHO.

ooo star wars is a bad example ... lol hill is a much better writer than lucus ... I often wonder how 1 2 &3 would have turned out if he had done them right after 4,5,6 .. Its strange but I think they would have been done better than they were now ...