• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Loved the new issue!

The poo hit the fan :o

Guess I'm going to have to break down and start reading KTTK soon. My interest is peaked.

Yeah, I loved Tyler's subtle Homer Simpson-esque detective work throughout. I must admit this issue really gave me the creeps too. It was a definite most welcome shift in tone from the previous light-hearted adventures.

I'm eagerly anticipating ordering a Shadow Key along with a few others I've missed. Crossing my fingers the store opens up soon.

:hi: Jason!

Welcome!

Can't wait for Shadow key either... still not up yet at Skeleton Crew.

Welcome!

A most impressive Registry Set you are building. :applause:

Locke & Key Fun Fact #3,871(do not read if you haven't read the Keys To The Kingdom arc yet)

Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #2 was the first time two Joe Hill written characters actually survived while riding a bus(Grave Tales #6 and L&K #4). :applause:

They might have ran into a cross-gendered ninja that murdered two very horny hospital orderlies and got framed for it, but they weren't run over, shot or set on fire on a bus. That is something all by itself. Keep up the good work, Locke kids! (thumbs u

From Skeleton Crew website:

We will start taking orders for the Shadow Key in a few weeks, and it really looks great. I think people are going to dig this one, and it may be my new favorite key. That may soon be trumped, though, by the Beast Key, which won the Fan Choice vote. Gabe’s design on this key rocks, and it’s currently underway and tentatively set for April. I appreciated all the votes, and the interest in a life-size Giant Key. More to come on the latter.

And Israel, sent you a note about sleepless nights on your website. He's adorable BTW!

what ?... those are done already ?! I have books I sent in October that are not back yet :S PS you lucky lol:applause:

I was there for 3 days but sadly had no time for shopping :( I know what the hell eh?.. I did find one cover I wanted but nothing spectacular .... I think its like #6 or something the first cover with the AW key on it I think ... I took 10 min out around the end of the last day & managed to find that ...as I was walking out of the con lol! Most dealers just had vintage stuff of which I have no real interest in (sure I'd like some stuff but not for the prices ya know $$$$ lol ) :S Media guests sucked up most of my $ anyways it was like $70 to get a photo with shatner & james marsters & $70 for shatners autograph + I got that cgc SS :) I also got a guide book from 08 eccc signed by invincibles ryan & bill cgc ss :)

john noble &

JASIKA NICOLE were $50

BRENT SPINER was ... ? forget how much... most likely $50

monsters & dames books were $30 & I got 2 for friends & 1 for me :D

What time was not spent waiting in line for media gusts (uhg, shatners lines were HELL on earth lol )

after asking afew minions which was the shatner line & then waiting in it for about 15 they then did around & found out most people in that line were waiting in the wrong one ... then they tried to chase me away telling me I couldn't wait here & to come back at the proper time ... after waiting a good 15 min or so already I didn't think so & just stood there & ignored them... after a while they gave up & just said I was the end of the line lol! They then had to argue with everyone else who came up & chase them away lol it was nasty

Edited by synch

what ?... those are done already ?! I have books I sent in October that are not back yet :S PS you lucky lol:applause:

I was there for 3 days but sadly had no time for shopping :( I know what the hell eh?.. I did find one cover I wanted but nothing spectacular .... I think its like #6 or something the first cover with the AW key on it I think ...

The wonders of fast track, Mike. I still have a grouping of rare L&K books, sitting in verified in Sarasota too. Congrats Brian on those grades(especially the Signed Edition). I'm gonna fast track my raw 9.4/9.6 Creepshow #1(1st Joe Hill on cover?) next to save on stress.

I wonder if everyone else is doing that & my freaking books keep getting pushed back... grrr..... lol I think I will go up to lcs today & ask him what the status on them is :idea::whee:

Edited by synch

Had a friend over today. Wanted to dig through my longboxes. Lookie what I found! Forgot I had these. All but 1 are 9.8 or better! Guess what's going to CGC tomorrow!!!

11 9.8,including the signed edition!

THAT ROCKS! Congrats Brian! ESPECIALLY on the signed edition.

I wonder if everyone else is doing that & my freaking books keep getting pushed back... grrr..... lol I think I will go up to lcs today & ask him what the status on them is :idea::whee:

Yes.... I'd be checking on that - especially since you submitted through someone else. RIGHT NOW, the only thing behind (according to the CGC Services and Fees section of their website) is the 20-day express coupon (and it sits at 1/23/2011).

I'd ask your LCS when they were shipped to CGC and ask to see verification. Something is fishy there...