• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Yeah, just can't justify throwin down this coin ... i want to, but i'm going to wait for a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOCKE-KEY-1-CGC-9-8-SIGNED-EDITION-JOE-HILL-SCARCE-/250787223776?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a641558e0#ht_1100wt_1139

I know, that's a cool Joe doodle book. He doesn't do 'keys' to often afterall. If I was to upgrade(but not now, because I agree, prices are going up), I would go after a 'NH' noted one, where we both live. (worship)

I'll throw a pic up later tonight when i get home ... I'm thinking they should add a couple of pussycat icons to the selection, eh? hm
(thumbs u

I'll be opening my "JOE HILL AND ME" new thread very soon. Uploading pics now!! It was a fabulous evening - stood in line for about an hour to get him to sign my items AND get a picture - well worth the wait! Stay tuned!!!

I love that sig I wonder if you asked him if he would do one .... I am not going to shell out for a autograph but am waiting for them to come to a convention I may have to wait a while but imo it will be worth it :)

Edited by synch

Yeah, just can't justify throwin down this coin ... i want to, but i'm going to wait for a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOCKE-KEY-1-CGC-9-8-SIGNED-EDITION-JOE-HILL-SCARCE-/250787223776?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a641558e0#ht_1100wt_1139

I'll throw a pic up later tonight when i get home ... I'm thinking they should add a couple of pussycat icons to the selection, eh? hm

I have one of these coming back from CGC - just shipped today. Haven't checked the grade yet, but I expect it to be at least 9.6 - possibly 9.8. I'll likely put it up for sale once I receive it, so let me know if you're interested.

On the way from CGC as we speak....

L/K #1 Signed Edition - 9.8

L/K Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition Variant - 9.8

L/K Crown of Shadows #1 Jetpack Variant - 9.8

L/K Head Games #1 Jetpack Variant - 9.8

IDW 10 Year Anniversary Comic - 9.8

Pretty nice haul. I thought the Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition and the 10 Year Anniversary comic were borderline 9.6/9.8. Good to know my pre-screening turned out to be conservative.

On the way from CGC as we speak....

L/K #1 Signed Edition - 9.8

L/K Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition Variant - 9.8

L/K Crown of Shadows #1 Jetpack Variant - 9.8

L/K Head Games #1 Jetpack Variant - 9.8

IDW 10 Year Anniversary Comic - 9.8

Pretty nice haul. I thought the Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition and the 10 Year Anniversary comic were borderline 9.6/9.8. Good to know my pre-screening turned out to be conservative.

:applause: Excellent grades!

So, 1 month before the finale of Keys to the Kingdom, I'm finally up to speed with the whole L&K series.

I've enjoyed it so much that I'll probably have a second read through over the next week or so. One thing it has done is given me the urge to re- read the IDW series of Great and Secret Show. The tone and content of both stories is quite similar, although I have to admit that I think I'll always prefer Clive Barkers writing to Joe's. The similarities between the two series is helped by the fact that GR provided the art to both.

Looking forward to a night of fantasy horror goodness :cloud9:

On the Skelton site, why does the Shadow key say Legacy Edition? I'm not aware of a previous make of it.

My theory...

All of the other keys (SDCC Ghost Key, Head Key, Echo Key, and Anywhere Key) are all limited editions. The original Ghost Key was limited to 200 pieces, the others were limited to 500 pieces. The Legacy Edition Ghost Key and now the Legacy Shadow Key are NOT limited, so theoretically they will always be in stock.

Longbox diving in my own longboxes today and found 2 more #1 first prints!! I don't need to go to any LCS's. I found all sorts of goodies today!

I am starting to think you are sleepwalking your way to the LCS and digging.

No one wants to shake and snap you out of it cause you are NEVER suppose to wake up a sleepwalker.

Longbox diving in my own longboxes today and found 2 more #1 first prints!! I don't need to go to any LCS's. I found all sorts of goodies today!

I'm really just so jealous... do you need any help looking through your long boxes? I'm really good at dusting things off and cleaning cobwebs.... :insane:

Where does he get those wonderful toys??

:applause:

Thought of you. Found an Umbrella Academy Dallas Jim Lee that's headed to CGC!

Where does he get those wonderful toys??

:applause:

Thought of you. Found an Umbrella Academy Dallas Jim Lee that's headed to CGC!

Yes, I think I know somebody who's looking for that one.

hm

doh!

I am starting to think you are sleepwalking your way to the LCS and digging.

No one wants to shake and snap you out of it cause you are NEVER suppose to wake up a sleepwalker.

I would grab his comics & run that would snap him out of at some point latter on :roflmao:

Edited by synch

On the Skelton site, why does the Shadow key say Legacy Edition? I'm not aware of a previous make of it.

My theory...

All of the other keys (SDCC Ghost Key, Head Key, Echo Key, and Anywhere Key) are all limited editions. The original Ghost Key was limited to 200 pieces, the others were limited to 500 pieces. The Legacy Edition Ghost Key and now the Legacy Shadow Key are NOT limited, so theoretically they will always be in stock.

The SDCC ghost key was also limited to 500 pieces...

And I'm confused because the Shadow key states, "This officially licensed replica measures approx. 3-inches long" - where was the original distributed? I have an inquiry in to Israel.