• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Speaking of mail that reminds me ... has anyone got shadow key yet ?
Maybe. I might have used my Head Key to remove my memory of getting it though. Seems like a silly thing to do, but when you have a Head Key, you take precautions in case the Music Box is used against you.

It ships at the end of April if I remember right.

Maybe. I might have used my Head Key to remove my memory of getting it though. Seems like a silly thing to do, but when you have a Head Key, you take precautions in case the Music Box is used against you.

:idea:(worship) question for you guys I'm thinking of sending in some L&K stuff for grading if I want pre-screen at 9.8 I think I've read It cost $3 & $8 for fast track... My question is is that what I am paying for the service on EACH book ir is that for all that I send in?

Edited by synch

:idea:(worship) question for you guys I'm thinking of sending in some L&K stuff for grading if I want pre-screen at 9.8 I think I've read It cost $3 & $8 for fast track... My question is is that what I am paying for the service on EACH book ir is that for all that I send in?

If you sending "some books" you can't use pree-screen(has to be 30 or 50, I forget). Fast track is great though for $8. It cuts the time in half, but we are entering convention season, so my submissions are going into hibernation.

well i got mail but don't know what cause they dropped it off when no one was home (bastards lol ) Won't be at the post office most likely till latter on today & I work till late so the PO will be closed by the time I get off GRRR!

Ok was able to get the package after all & I got a few books in

Picture009-1.jpg

these ones are going off to cgc for sure :)

Picture008.jpg

:cloud9::luhv: thanks bubbagump

Edited by synch

bent staple ?...
You can't really see it in this picture.

DSC080172.jpg

But, here's the post I made near the beginning of the thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3740208Post3740208

The first #4's were more supple and had a rosier cover and the second release of it was made to go in the 2008 SDCC Slipcover set and meet the current demand.

The top staple on all of them are slightly bent.

this is going way cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150593309625&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Has the market dropped down some ?

L&K #1 has been a sleeping giant since the end of 2008. These "NM" books have gone from $20 to $5 on eBay since then. That was the perfect time to collect this series. Blame Dimension Films(we got a Scream 4 though, yah!) for not making it then, whether or not Weinstein had no money left at the studio since his departure from Disney or Joe didn't want Frank Darabont(who was very interested pre-Walking Dead) attached(he didn't want to compared to his father, so he was against Darabont's involvement reportedly). Mainstream speculating collectors just signed off any value once nothing ever was made, by Head Games #2-3. I began to think I had a dog, when sellers wouldn't even try to grade any rare or Signature Series ones anymore. The title then chugged along un-noticed by the majority of Modern Age funny book collectors, despite, the book's almost flawless story-telling. Needless to say, I got worried when 9.8's on eBay were going for $5 in auctions.

But, I came on here and started to promote the series to new readers as much as I could. The L&K thread only had 750 views two Januarys ago and was stuck in between pages 3-5 alot. Blair Butler, praises it as her pick of the week alot too and finally, it is being developed into a live action property. I'm seeing an definite uptick from those dark days of 2009. Do I care? Not really, because I'm not going to sell my books. But, like every other collector. I don't want to collect something that has no resale value either. I have to say I'm just happy where the prices are now and look foward to the potential series in the fall.

cherry i can't tell where the staples even are in the top one lol
If you owned one, you would see it immediately. IDW put out some interesting variations of their books throughout the L&K run. I remember picking up the second release of #4 WTL off the stands and going "What the hell?" feeling how light and flimsy it was. It didn't feel like an IDW book.