• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

is cgc listing FA for this series ?..

FA? (shrug)

First Appearance maybe? It doesn't list it on L&K #1.

Yeah, that's probably it. I always wondered how they would do that if they did it anyway. "First appearance of Locke & Key", doesn't sound right. But, I do hear "1st Chew" alot, so who knows? When I was scripting my descriptions, it would make for a busy label for sure:

First appearance of Tyler, Kinsey, Bode, Nina, Duncan & Rendell Locke, Sam Lesser and Al Grub. "Deaths" of Rendell Locke and Al Grub. Cameo by "Dodge".

sorry lol yeah first apps :)

well they would list the characters by name or in this case they could do by family

"first app of " the locke" family

death of blank locke

:D The real pickle would be how to list dodge/sams deaths :roflmao:

Edited by synch

sorry lol yeah first apps :)

well they would list the characters by name or in this case they could do by family

"first app of " the locke" family

death of blank locke

:D The real pickle would be how to list dodge/sams deaths :roflmao:

CGC usually just quotes death like this("Death" of ...), kinda tongue in cheek-like since like soap operas(I guess the residents of Pine Valley will though soon, lol ), no one really stays dead.

I'm going to start moving some of my Locke & Key slabs to narrow my collecting focus a bit and help pay for my wedding in the fall. I'll give the boardies first crack at everything before listing my books on eBay.

Let me know if there's a specific book you're looking for. Chances are I have it. I'll probably do a formal sales thread in the next week or so, but I'll take special requests via PM for now.

Highlights include:

Locke & Key (Welcome to Lovecraft) #1-6 CGC 9.8

Locke & Key Dynamic Forces Variants (Regular and Negative Covers) CGC 9.8

Locke & Key #1 Signed Edition CGC 9.8 (x2)

Locke & Key Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition Variant CGC 9.8

Jetpack Comics Variants CGC 9.8

IDW 10 Year Anniversary Comics CGC 9.8

All of the Skelton Crew Studios Keys (including the SDCC Ghost Key)

+ a handful of 9.9s

Edited by MadGenius

Just want to note for you guys that like this series there is a free comic book day comic for this series that has a pretty cool cover and story. 28 pages with no advertising.

I don't think you will be disappointed. Out of all the books that I checked out this one stood out and was only one I grabbed for myself. There was some other good ones for this year but this one was cool. Last year in my opinion it was the GI Joe 155 1/2 and this year I think this is the book to have of the lot.

Loved the new issue, it even beat out WD this week (which was also awesome) :o
Steve, did you ever notice how this series follows a major event from The Walking Dead with a similar one.

A couple examples...

In TWD #48, Lori and Judith get shot. A month later, in L&K #4, a mother and infant are shot on a bus by Sam Lesser.

In TWD #83, the youngest is critically injured and most likely dead. A month later, in L&K: KTTK #6, the youngest is "done away with".

hm very interesting stuff Jerel, I would have never come up with that, but you're on to something :o

good luck your prices are great and tempting :) I'm already invested in beachbums sale topic though we shall have to see what happens :D

Thanks. I'm definitely not looking to get rich off that thread. :grin: I'll be happy with recouping my initial investment plus a little extra.