• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

shipping to canada they want both my arm & my leg :S only way i will order this is if I can find out the shipping price first ... & most likely not even then ... where would i put the :censored: thing ?!!? hope they wind up doing a smaller version like we see in the comic ... Hey what does the Undertree Key do in the comics do we know ?

Edited by synch

so who is ordering that giant key ? Considering the shipping I think my cash is going to go to avengers #4 ... I wonder how many he will sell ...

Edited by synch

so who is ordering that giant key ? Considering the shipping I think my cash is going to go to avengers #4 ... I wonder how many he will sell ...

I may consider it... only because it will be more an art piece than a small key... looks awesome.

Hey guys. I saw the Locke & Key pilot at SDCC and thought I'd share a review of it with you guys. I know Cheryl asked if anyone saw it in another thread.

I'll put everything in a spoiler tag to be safe:

The episode was AWESOME!!! I really, really liked it.

The episode covers the entire 1st arc. It did have a lot of changes to speed it up and/or make it flow better. Unfortunately, it felt more like a movie than TV show, and FOX execs said that too.

Ok, so here are some changes I remember:

1.) Sam Lesser attacks them by himself at the beginning.

2.) Because he's by himself, he just shoots Rendel. There is no rape of Nina.

3.) Sam Lesser does break out of prison, and hitch a ride with a truck driver. However, the BJ is omitted. From #2 & #3 you can see they were editing the story to make it tamer for TV.

4.) Kinsey is on a swim team instead of running track. They said it was because of the weather where they were filming. They only had one scene of it and it was with Tyler saying I'm glad you're swimming again. It did cause them to skip much of her story arc from the comic.

5.) Dodge stays a female at the end.

6.) Tyler doesn't have the fishing hat from the comic. They said afterwards it was due to the lighting problems it caused while filming.

7.) The flashbacks were a little different, but still had the same effects. For example, Tyler see's Sam kill his dad, but he doesn't trip over a paint can leaving a trail for Sam to follow. Plus, Kinsey and Bode aren't hiding on the roof. Plot was the same, but some minor differences.

8.) The big reveal was the ending. As the show ends we see a tree that has a key hole. The camera then enters the key hole and we see a cave. Deep inside the cave is a room filled with jars containing little people like the "Head Games" arc. It ends with a close up shot of Nina inside one of the jars screaming.

Of course this lead to a lot of discussion afterwards during the Q&A. They said that Rendal does have all his memories and took all the memories of Keyhouse away from Nina, his brother, and others. (Remember, in the comics the adults can't see what's happening.)

They said they wanted to explore that early since the actress for Nina was too great to just have her drinking in the background.

Joe Hill also said the key for the tree is the key the squirrels are holding in the "February" story. Then they joked that the actor who played Tyler could have done the voice of a squirrel since he did a voice for Alvin and the Chipmunks. lol

Overall, it was awesome. Selling it as a DVD was brought up quickly by the audience to which they said there are no plans for that.

I gotta say that after seeing it, it's not a tv show. It's a series of movies. It would be really tough to match how good it was week after week. But they skipped a lot of stuff from the comic and could have easily made it a tad longer for a movie. 2c

If you ever get a chance to see it, it's well worth it!!! Two thumbs up! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Hello guys and girls! I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading the board for a while. I got turned on to Locke & Key after reading Horns and loving it. I went to Joe's website and discovered the comic in January and have been hooked on collecting it ever since. I don't do CGC, but this seems to be the most active Locke & Key board I can find. I did get a little worried after the posts here virtually came to a halt after the TV show wasn't picked up, but it looks like a few people are still posting (the comic is fantastic with or without a TV show). I just finished reading Keys to the Kingdom and couldn't believe the ending. Gotta go get Clockworks #1 on Wednesday. My comic shop didn't get last weeks shipment in for some reason. Anyway, I just wanted to join in with you guys to discuss an awesome comic that I just cant get enough of.

Hello guys and girls! I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading the board for a while. I got turned on to Locke & Key after reading Horns and loving it. I went to Joe's website and discovered the comic in January and have been hooked on collecting it ever since. I don't do CGC, but this seems to be the most active Locke & Key board I can find. I did get a little worried after the posts here virtually came to a halt after the TV show wasn't picked up, but it looks like a few people are still posting (the comic is fantastic with or without a TV show). I just finished reading Keys to the Kingdom and couldn't believe the ending. Gotta go get Clockworks #1 on Wednesday. My comic shop didn't get last weeks shipment in for some reason. Anyway, I just wanted to join in with you guys to discuss an awesome comic that I just cant get enough of.

(worship) first post ... awesome .... clock works #1 was awesome you will enjoy it! :golfclap: it explains a lot yet at the same time leaves you with more damned questions :frustrated:

I may consider it... only because it will be more an art piece than a small key... looks awesome.

I was thinking a display of the other keys around this sucker would be amazing ... hm I really do want that avengers #4 though ... FA cap .. :luhv:

Edited by synch

Welcome to the Boards JSCO! Great way to start your post count. :)

Thanks, Cheryllynn! I'm glad I finally pressed the "post" button.

(worship) first post ... awesome .... clock works #1 was awesome you will enjoy it! :golfclap: it explains a lot yet at the same time leaves you with more damned questions :frustrated:

Yeah, I've heard that its kinda frustrating in that it doesn't continue the cliffhanger at the end of Keys to the Kingdom. I'm sure whatever Joe and Gabriel have done is awesome. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the welcome! Now I just have to figure out how to use the emoticons.....

if you hit the reply button you will see options above where you time one is a face click on that with the mouse ... NOOB :whee: Sometimes depending on what option you use to make a post it will not show up

Edited by synch

Oh, I see the little face now :) Yaaaay!

Just curious...does anyone know what those SDCC Exclusive Keys to the Kingdom Hardcovers were selling for at the con itself? Saw one go on ebay the other day for $200!

Oh, I see the little face now :) Yaaaay!

Just curious...does anyone know what those SDCC Exclusive Keys to the Kingdom Hardcovers were selling for at the con itself? Saw one go on ebay the other day for $200!

:o WTF was that signed or something ?i knew i should have put that on my list i duno why i didn't (shrug)