• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Hey Synch,

The Legacy Edition Hercules is plated in antique bronze much like the cover of "February." The limited edition Hercules is plated in antique gold like the interior pages.

As for the Head Key, the new legacy edition is plated in bright rose gold much like the Head Games hardcover. The sold out original was antique yellow like the interior pages. When there's a difference between interior and cover, and when fans have asked, we'd like to offer both when it's possible. I'm the sculptor, but I'm also a fan of the series - and a bit of a completest - so I think it's cool to have both in my own display cases. Of course that won't be the case with all keys. Some will be just legacy (like the Animal Key in August) and some just limited, like the Undertree (also August.)

Hope that helps.

Israel

Thanks it does... I already placed a order for one key though am i able to add one or two more to the same order ?. & nice touch with the JAY FOTOS :) man he sure gets over looked a lot here its always talk of grod & joe

Edited by synch

Synch,

Of course. Just place another order for the additional keys, and we'll refund the extra shipping charges, and make sure they ship together. If you could place a note in PayPal and drop us an email to remind us, it would be awesome.

Thanks,

Israel

just added another key but paypal would not let me leave any note for you

(shrug) you want I should PM you my email address ?..

Locke & Key 1 2/08 IDW Publishing Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED & ""LOCKE ON"" BY JOE HILL ON 5/7/11

Locke & Key 2 3/08 IDW Publishing Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY JOE HILL ON 5/7/11

Locke & Key: Head Games 1 1/09 IDW Publishing Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY JOE HILL ON 5/7/11

GA sent me this pm a while ago & I didn't even notice that all the books I sent in to be signed by joe came back at 9.8 :)

Locke & Key 1 2/08 IDW Publishing Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED & ""LOCKE ON"" BY JOE HILL ON 5/7/11

Locke & Key 2 3/08 IDW Publishing Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY JOE HILL ON 5/7/11

Locke & Key: Head Games 1 1/09 IDW Publishing Signature 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY JOE HILL ON 5/7/11

GA sent me this pm a while ago & I didn't even notice that all the books I sent in to be signed by joe came back at 9.8 :)

N-I-C-E ! So do you favor SS over universal Mike? I thought I was the only one. :)

I love his "Locke On" phrase. :cloud9:

Kind of hoping he didn't do that on mine ... lol .... What is universal ?.. Just regular unsigned books ?.. I love signed stuff I always have :) I can't say I'd go out of my way to get every single book signed by said person but I like to pick my fave out of the collection to send in sure & you are not the only one lol check out the sig room if you have not already lots of SS nuts in that one lol

Oh my goal for cons is to get more ss books now that i know how easy it is from this years experience lol

Edited by synch

Kind of hoping he didn't do that on mine ... lol .... What is universal ?.. Just regular unsigned books ?.. I love signed stuff I always have :) I can't say I'd go out of my way to get every single book signed by said person but I like to pick my fave out of the collection to send in sure & you are not the only one lol check out the sig room if you have not already lots of SS nuts in that one lol

Oh my goal for cons is to get more ss books now that i know how easy it is from this years experience lol

Universal is "blue" label books... if you look at your blue labeled slabs, that it what CGC calls 'em.

Yes it can be a labor of love getting books signed, but I prefer them. The only set I have a complete SS of is my Dark Tower Gunslinger and I probably will never attempt to get a full SS set again lol

I am deff attempting to get more cgc ss through the forums here but it costs so damn much between the the shipping and the middleman fees :S & I only go to eccc for a con since its the closest so what I get at that depends on what guests lol!

a couple of my current SS goals are to get a civil war #3 variant with a nice turner sig on it & I also want to find something I like with genes on as well ...at some point it will happen Ihope