• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

I would be grateful if one of you kind souls could point me in the direction of a reading list for Locke & Key. (floppies that is, beginning with issue 1).

I'm a bit confused as to the chronological order of the minis.

Thank you kindly. (thumbs u

Just started reading myself and this helped me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locke_%26_Key

I would be grateful if one of you kind souls could point me in the direction of a reading list for Locke & Key. (floppies that is, beginning with issue 1).

Perfect, thanks very much (thumbs u, didn't even occur to me try Wiki :facepalm:

People stopped posting because there was one very motivated boardie that kept the thread going and he stopped. Not because of the TV Show.

I remember you mentioning that before. If that's the case, I wish the success of this board wouldn't hinge on ONE person. That's just sad.

At least a couple people posted today :)

If more people would post we would have more items to respond to which would generate more posts which would generate more responses. It's a cycle thang. Like Hillary Clinton says, "It takes a village." :)

...And on a Locke & Key note:

I didn't even know this existed until today. Anybody else?

125721.jpg.e20503a6df4a8af15a84311ed76abe68.jpg

Perfect, thanks very much (thumbs u, didn't even occur to me try Wiki :facepalm:

Also, don't forget Guide to the Known Keys. It's not listed on the Wiki page. It's a one-shot and can be read without knowledge of any of the other issues. It was released between Clockworks #2 and #3, though :)

There will be more one-shots and they will ultimately end up in a collected edition trade together but won't appear in the trades as part of an arc.

Let us know what you think of the series as you're reading it ;)

honestly i think it was because of the movie once the value went out of the books people just stopped being interested ... I think it would be the same even if NEG was still posting here

Speculation on slabbed books sure doesn't change that this is one of the best comic stories to come out in the last 20 years!

Joe Hill is a talented writer who is just hitting his prime. He ha sthe same chaotic imagination that his dad has.

the pairing of Gabriel Rodriguez and Joe hill has to be one of the most symbiotic and best one in a long time.

L&K is a GREAT story. Even if it isn't a TV show or a cash cow! :sumo:

People stopped posting because there was one very motivated boardie that kept the thread going and he stopped. Not because of the TV Show.

I remember you mentioning that before. If that's the case, I wish the success of this board wouldn't hinge on ONE person. That's just sad.

At least a couple people posted today :)

If more people would post we would have more items to respond to which would generate more posts which would generate more responses. It's a cycle thang. Like Hillary Clinton says, "It takes a village." :)

...And on a Locke & Key note:

I didn't even know this existed until today. Anybody else?

All you have to do is read the thread and you will see how NEG kept it going. It had nothing to do with any potential TV Show. How is it sad that one person kept it going when without him the thread would have been buried? It is exciting to see someone had that much passion. Take the lead and bring life to the thread. Others who enjoy the title will join you.

honestly i think it was because of the movie once the value went out of the books people just stopped being interested ... I think it would be the same even if NEG was still posting here

:facepalm:

You always amaze me. For one thing it was a TV Show that was not picked up after the pilot. Also as posted not too long ago I listed NEG's numerous contributions to the thread. I am quite sure that for you this title lost interest when the TV show went nowhere.

Speculation on slabbed books sure doesn't change that this is one of the best comic stories to come out in the last 20 years!

Joe Hill is a talented writer who is just hitting his prime. He ha sthe same chaotic imagination that his dad has.

the pairing of Gabriel Rodriguez and Joe hill has to be one of the most symbiotic and best one in a long time.

When I got back into reading comics a few year ago Locke & Key was really the only book I enjoyed like Walking Dead.

This is the time to buy Locke & Key, as eventually it will be made into a movie or tv show. I mean c`mon Stephen King has Hollywood connections. It`s a no-brainer that eventually mainstream will discover this like the Walking Dead.

I totally agree! This is the only comic that I keep re-reading. And every time I re-read it I find something new that I didn't notice before either in the writing or in the art.

I can't wait to find out what superhero comic JH and GR are teaming up to produce. They keep teasing us but haven't said what it is yet

When I got back into reading comics a few year ago Locke & Key was really the only book I enjoyed like Walking Dead.

This is the time to buy Locke & Key, as eventually it will be made into a movie or tv show. I mean c`mon Stephen King has Hollywood connections. It`s a no-brainer that eventually mainstream will discover this like the Walking Dead.

Yeah, I think it's just a matter of time. I mean, come on. People had to have taken notice how much love there was for the pilot at the Cons and on the internet. The freakin' trailer had like 20,000 views the day after it was released.

lol its a preview its going to have spoilers :) the cover is cool! What comic con will it be at ?.. Owl key just got some love from me lol Heck with the key prop i want the entire bird lol

Edited by synch

lol its a preview its going to have spoilers :) the cover is cool! What comic con will it be at ?.. Owl key just got some love from me lol Heck with the key prop i want the entire bird lol

This cover will be exclusive at the SDCC.