• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Is Israel at SDCC? If so, does anyone know where? (And if he is carrying exclusives?)

Also, I know the Omega Key at the IDW booth is slightly different and limited to 250. Does anyone know anything about the Ghost Key or Whispering Iron that is at the show (in regards to being different or not from past releases)?

From Joe Hill's blog:

"Am off to San Diego for what Warren Ellis warmly describes as Nerd Prom; will be signing books and running my gob, as usual. There’s also a chance I might get to pull on the black turtleneck and play Steve Jobs during the Locke & Key panel. I’m still in wait-and-see mode, but with luck, I’ll have an opportunity to say “Oh, and one more thing…” before we wrap up. So that should be fun."

I wonder what it means. I am very intrigued...

Could he be referring to this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since leaving the series that made him a household name, Daniel Radcliffe has chosen roles deliberately and with an eye for variety. For his next role, however, he's set to return to the fantasy genre. But "Horns" is no "Harry Potter."

The film is an adaptation of a book by Joe Hill (a best-selling author whose dad you may have heard of, Stephen King) and Radcliffe will play the peculiarly named main character Ig Perrish. In "Horns," Ig is the primary suspect in the investigation of his girlfriend's brutal rape and murder. The fantasy aspect comes into play when Ig wakes up from a night of drinking only to find a set of horns growing out of his head.

I have a feeling you are correct. That is the only "announcement" type information I saw from yesterday. Maybe the quote from his blog meant he was just going to announce that during the L & K panel but it didn't have anything specifically to do with L & K.

A while back I thought I heard Shia Lebuff (or however you spell it) was going to play Ig, though. Hmmmm. The book was good. I'll go see the movie.

Is Israel at SDCC? If so, does anyone know where? (And if he is carrying exclusives?)

Also, I know the Omega Key at the IDW booth is slightly different and limited to 250. Does anyone know anything about the Ghost Key or Whispering Iron that is at the show (in regards to being different or not from past releases)?

Yes, he is there. Don't know where, though. I'm pretty sure the only exclusive key he has at the show is the limited Omega Key. The IDW booth is supposed to have Legacy Edition Head Keys, Legacy Edition Shadow Keys, Legacy Edition Ghost Keys and Legacy Edition Omega Keys, too.

But now I'm remembering that Synch posted a quote from Isreal that made us think he would debut the Music Box Key there. I haven't heard any more about it, though.

Just ordered the SDCC Omega, looks like there was only 30 left (now 29) from the con. My Animal and Angel key should be here any day now as well, time to update my display!

Well, mess the bed! I was going to order one, too, and it completely slipped my mind. They are sold out now :(

So, uh, is it common knowledge that another arc is coming up after Omega? Joe Hill just said that there are "at least two more books to go." Including Omega and one called "The Golden Age." I mean, I knew there were other books planned after Omega, but I didn't know there was going to be another whole arc. Am I just late to the party?

I'm very excited non-the-less :banana:

Okay...I think I figured it out :insane: "The Golden Age" is the name of the book that will collect all of the one shots.

I don't think that's it at all. From SDCC: "[Chris] Ryall said that while 'Omega' does end the epic story that began in the first miniseries 'Welcome to Lovecraft,' it is not the end of Locke & Key. Book 7, Hill announced, will be 'The Golden Age,' which will not feature the current cast. It will, however, introduce keys we've never seen before." See here for more L & K from San Diego: http://comicrelated.com/news/16997/locke-key-panel .

Okay...I think I figured it out :insane: "The Golden Age" is the name of the book that will collect all of the one shots.

I don't think that's it at all. From SDCC: "[Chris] Ryall said that while 'Omega' does end the epic story that began in the first miniseries 'Welcome to Lovecraft,' it is not the end of Locke & Key. Book 7, Hill announced, will be 'The Golden Age,' which will not feature the current cast. It will, however, introduce keys we've never seen before." See here for more L & K from San Diego: http://comicrelated.com/news/16997/locke-key-panel .

Awesome! Even better :) I would love it if every time the series is about to wrap up, they make an announcement saying, "...actually...there's one more arc."

I love the fact that when...or if...Locke & Key comes to an end, Hill and Rodriguez plan to keep working together. They're at least going to do a well known superhero comic in the future and there's a one shot coming out to go along with Joe Hill's new novel NOS4A2 in 2013.

I just found this out today even though I think it was made public in April. Subterranean Press is going to publish their versions Crown of Shadows this fall. From the Subterranean Press website:

"The Subterranean Press edition of Crown of Shadows will include not only the entire graphic novel, but also the scripts for each issue.

The limited edition will include all of the scripts for the miniseries, original full-color endsheets by Gabriel Rodriguez, and a full-color dust jacket by Vincent Chong.

Limited: 250 signed, numbered copies, housed in a custom slipcase

Lettered: 26 signed, lettered copies, housed in a custom traycase, with an original sketch by Gabe matted in the case."

I wonder why they didn't list the "Trade" version this time.

So now we will have three of the arcs reprinted as Subterranean Press editions. I hope they end of doing them all :) I love the artwork on the first two covers.

Unfortunately I don't think they have released a picture of the cover yet for this edition of Crown of Shadows.

128726.jpg.a5ce091e5001156425b9f14f4d5ac703.jpg

128727.jpg.4fa0a8386f9c07b432d51e788c82f1aa.jpg

Awesome! Even better :) I would love it if every time the series is about to wrap up, they make an announcement saying, "...actually...there's one more arc."

I love the fact that when...or if...Locke & Key comes to an end, Hill and Rodriguez plan to keep working together. They're at least going to do a well known superhero comic in the future and there's a one shot coming out to go along with Joe Hill's new novel NOS4A2 in 2013.

Soooo....I just saw this on youtube and Joe Hill said that book 7 (The Golden Age) will indeed be a collection of the one-shots including Open The Moon and the still-to-be-released Grindhouse. About six one-shots in total.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing (I don't know why you wouldn't want to, though) he states this at 2:39.

By my count, there have only been two one-shots so far (in the IDW 10th anniversary collection and, of course, the Guide to the Known Keys/"Open the Moon"). Even with Grindhouse, there will have to be a few more to make a book. I hope that Hill & Rodriguez follow through with their plans for a L & K WWII "Battleground" series down the line, also mentioned in the clip. :wishluck:

Edited by kuphd06

Man, that would be really cool if they include the story from the IDW 10th anniversary collection in a book at some point. I have never been able to read that one :( I bet it won't be collected in The Golden Age book, though, because it's a story with Tyler, Kinsey, and Bode right? They should have released it as a one shot available to the general public or as a digital download in addition to that 10th anniversary collection.

Edited by Jsco