• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Picked up two of the OA covers from Locke & Key: Clockworks from Gabriel Rodriguez...they look so awesome in person. His inkwork is phenomenal, and I was very pleased to get a cover with Dodge featuring the Omega key.

There hasn't been much action on this thread even though Omega is bringing this series to a close in three issues...prepare for the carnage!

IMG_2942_zps64753c95.jpg

IMG_2941_zps7019150a.jpg

Those are absolutely amazing! I wish the art from this series was more readily available as I would love and cherish a piece on my wall.

And the series is definitely killing it (no pun intended). It is the one book I read slowly each month...which is dangerous because I forgot to breathe last ish. Would love to see this as a television series instead of a movie but just because I am greedy and would prefer 40+ hours over a few movies. :devil:

Man I would *love* some OA. It's my favourite current book. In my top 5 comics ever, hell it might even be number 1. Really sad to see it end but excited for anything these guys do together in the future. They compliment each other perfectly.

Hope that price translates over the pond. I have 3 #1s :ohnoez:

I don't get it though cos there are BINs for the full first arc for less than half that price.

Edited by Katchoo

I don't know...I haven't seen a lot of movement on mine...lotsa people looking, maybe it was cause someone said GEM 10.0; and someone is gonnnnna be disapointed...

Maybe it's because you have your #1 listed that it has tiny flaws and spine ding? Also in Canada which will stop a few buyers (shrug)

I dunno....people get crazy for the 9.9s and stuff....maybe they bought it thinking it would cgc for 9.9/10.0 then will complain...or not since it all will take months to figure out...

looks like sham bidding...

Looks like normal bidding to me (shrug)

I agree. Crazy high winning bid, though, considering the seller doesn't call it NM+ or better, and there's only one photo.

this might be the key element to a speculator frenzy...

Of course this book is that good and if it leads to a whole new franchise....

he did list the grade as gem, which is 10.0....

I had a saga #1 come to me labeled as gem, and it was 9.2 or less, slight staining to the white cover, cover had press marks....oh I had a thing or three to say about that......I wouldn't have really minded if it was a 9.6...

I wouldn't call "unread, never opened" gem mint. There are plenty of unread and unopened books out there that wouldn't even qualify as NM. Anyone who claims a raw book is 9.9-10.0 is taking a huge gamble, even if there are no visible flaws. Besides, if you haven't opened it, how do you know there isn't something wrong inside? I've had only two 9.9's so far, one of which I bought slabbed, and one that was immediately bagged and boarded (not racked) at my LCS.