• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Guess #2:

Crown of Shadows #3?

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Correct!

L & K: COS #3 had a slight hiccup when the IDW delivery truck had an accident in a snowstorm. The grey tinted symbiote-like background which had a print of 3,690 copies got out to certain regions first

February 2010 comic sales

...and the the blue tinted symbiote-like background that came out two weeks later had 3,859 copies printed.

March 2010 comic sales

COS399.jpg

COS3991.jpg

This is proof positive these are two different books, that came out at two different times right down to the different staple placement, background colors and sales numbers, despite having the same barcode.

Merry Christmas Cheryl!

I need to get this one ... its very odd .... you say the snowstorm had something to do with it are you just kidding with that or what ?.. Or you think the snow/cold some how changed the color of the book ?... (shrug)

happy xmas guys!

Edited by synch

Guess #2:

Crown of Shadows #3?

Correct!

L & K: COS #3 had a slight hiccup when the IDW delivery truck had an accident in a snowstorm. The grey tinted symbiote-like background which had a print of 3,690 copies got out to certain regions first

...and the the blue tinted symbiote-like background that came out two weeks later had 3,859 copies printed.

March 2010 comic sales

COS399.jpg

COS3991.jpg

This is proof positive these are two different books, that came out at two different times right down to the different staple placement, background colors and sales numbers, despite having the same barcode.

Merry Christmas Cheryl!

I need to get this one ... its very odd .... you say the snowstorm had something to do with it are you just kidding with that or what ?.. Or you think the snow/cold some how changed the color of the book ?... (shrug)

happy xmas guys!

The snowstorm caused the truck to have an accident, most likely destroying every IDW issue.

icy.jpg

...and the destroyed books had to be reprinted to meet the orders.

The grey/gray tinted book is a great book to get, IMHO. I only see the blue background covers everywhere. It's like the greys were pulped.

Guess #2:

Crown of Shadows #3?

Correct!

March 2010 comic sales

COS399.jpg

COS3991.jpg

Merry Christmas Cheryl!

happy xmas guys!

The snowstorm caused the truck to have an accident, most likely destroying every IDW issue.

icy.jpg

The grey/gray tinted book is a great book to get, IMHO. I only see the blue background covers everywhere. It's like the greys were pulped.

If you ever see one on ebay let me know

Guess #2:

Crown of Shadows #3?

Correct!

March 2010 comic sales

COS399.jpg

COS3991.jpg

Merry Christmas Cheryl!

happy xmas guys!

icy.jpg

If you ever see one on ebay let me know

I'll try. But, I can't put too much stock in the eBay stock pics on there from the IDW website. It's really hard to tell them apart online, like the second prints.

Jerry's 9.8 doesn't look blue... what do ya think?
I asked a while ago, he has the blue backgrounds. I even bought one off him. He's a great seller. :)

My grey CGC 9.9 came from Horizon Comics the week of the original release. I couldn't believe I secured a raw 9.9 for $3. :headbang:

DSC002141.jpg

The Blue and the Grey(the flash is a little bright drowning out the colors, but you can also tell the UPC is over a little more on all the grey ones too).

:gossip:I obsessed about this for a bit. lol

OK...

What is the only Locke & Key book that will never break CGC 9.8?

DISCLAIMER: This is from my own personal experience of buying multiple copies of this book looking for a mint and knowing it's structural flaws. Example: Most L&K #2's have slight overhang that are bent, making a Gem Mint unlikely. Granted, I should never say never on an IDW book. lol

Jerry's 9.8 doesn't look blue... what do ya think?
I asked a while ago, he has the blue backgrounds. I even bought one off him. He's a great seller. :)

My grey CGC 9.9 came from Horizon Comics the week of the original release. I couldn't believe I secured a raw 9.9 for $3. :headbang:

DSC002141.jpg

The Blue and the Grey(the flash is a little bright drowning out the colors, but you can also tell the UPC is over a little more on all the grey ones too).

:gossip:I obsessed about this for a bit. lol

YOU? Obsessed? lol

Yep - Horizon Comics rocks when it comes to high grade copies sold at cover price. I will always purchase from them if they have a raw I'm looking for.

Maybe I should buy that blue copy from Jerry... just because. Completist ya know.