• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF IS GOING ON- DID YOU SEE THE HERITAGE AUCTION RESULTS??!!!!!

57 posts in this topic

tos 53 9.4 $3k

who is buying these books @ such prices??!!!

discuss

Well I'm the buyer of this one. Discuss........I am a big Black Widow fan, that book completed my run of her first 5 appearances in a my grade and page quality. So the price was not a huge factor. Granted Heritage's BP (as always discussed and noted....is not great by any means! But they have books I want.) made it higher than I wanted, you gotta do what you gotta due. Especially when OCD is a factor. :insane: I just got sick of waiting for one to surface. So that is my reasoning.

It was time for the early Widow books to heat up....a 9.4 copy of 53 sold a few years ago for a grand,,,,that was a steal, and it was a sharp perfect copy. What's your 52 like? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well I am glad someone thinks so Jimbo! I'm bias since I am just a big fan. My TOS #52 is also a 9.4 ow/w. All 5 of my TOSs are that grade and page. Thanks!

CONGRATS Man! 'nuff said! :headbang:

tos 53 9.4 $3k

discuss

Well I'm the buyer of this one. Discuss........I am a big Black Widow fan, that book completed my run of her first 5 appearances in a my grade and page quality. So the price was not a huge factor. Granted Heritage's BP (as always discussed and noted....is not great by any means! But they have books I want.) made it higher than I wanted, you gotta do what you gotta due. Especially when OCD is a factor. :insane: I just got sick of waiting for one to surface. So that is my reasoning.

No need to justify... :thumbsup:

While as a buyer I don't like the way the prices of these SA books are going up (making it wayyy expensive for me to complete my run in the grades I envisioned :cry: ), I don't get mad at anyone who pays crazy prices for books, unless it's shilling. If it's a book you want and money is no object, then more power to you! :applause:

I concur! If I would have known this I would have been a 9.0 collector instead of this inflated 9.4 thing! I guess that too needs to "devalueize"

Shilling is, I think one of the WORST things going right now amongst all these friggin auctions! Along with deadbeat/thrill bidders! My Spidey #86 CGC 9.4 ow/w was that one off ebay awhile back. (yeah I was the poor SOB) Luckily the seller was well aware of what was happening and we worked out a fair price. (yes I know it was still higher than I wanted but he was good people) Thanks for the applause :hi:

Eric

tos 53 9.4 $3k

discuss

Barrington IL ??

doh!

It all makes sense now ..

:blahblah: Even on the Boards I can get !*$%. Let me guess you are from Illinois....possibly a NW burb or Downtown South Side my guess..? A Sox Fan to boot? I could have told the truth and said Lake Forest..... :banana:

tos 53 9.4 $3k

discuss

3 times previous GPA?

So there are real people paying silly money for comics?

:baiting:

Thanks for posting. Sometimes our imaginations run away with us when we see the numbers but have no "faces" to put to them...this gives rise to all kinds of stories as to why books go for big money.

I'm sure there are plenty of collectors out there who are happy to pay whatever it takes to secure books that they need and can afford.

I'm obsessive and do it all the time.

:eek:

You should post more often.

(thumbs u

Didn't Josh (CLink) sell one (9.4 ow) for around $2,000 a couple months prior? Maybe it was less.

No I am real. And again, I am not some HUGE buyer. That was the last piece of my coveted TOS Hawkeye & Black Widow 1st three app of each all 9.4 all ow/w......so it was worth it to me. :cloud9:

Thanks for the reply and I will take you up on the posting offer! Take care.

tos 53 9.4 $3k

discuss

It was time for the early Widow books to heat up....a 9.4 copy of 53 sold a few years ago for a grand,,,,that was a steal, and it was a sharp perfect copy. What's your 52 like? GOD BLESS...

Well I am glad someone thinks so Jimbo! I'm bias since I am just a big fan. My TOS #52 is also a 9.4 ow/w. All 5 of my TOSs are that grade and page. Thanks!

I'm a big Kirby fan...and I always thought some of his best covers were on the TOS run. 53 is a particular favorite of mine. Congrats.GOD BLESS...

tos 53 9.4 $3k

discuss

3 times previous GPA?

So there are real people paying silly money for comics?

:baiting:

Thanks for posting. Sometimes our imaginations run away with us when we see the numbers but have no "faces" to put to them...this gives rise to all kinds of stories as to why books go for big money.

I'm sure there are plenty of collectors out there who are happy to pay whatever it takes to secure books that they need and can afford.

I'm obsessive and do it all the time.

:eek:

You should post more often.

(thumbs u

I'll second this.... it's nice to put names to buyers, and to know these are real sales. Your rationale is perfectly reasonable. Who hasn't done what it took to pin down a grail?

tos 53 9.4 $3k

discuss

Barrington IL ??

doh!

It all makes sense now ..

:blahblah: Even on the Boards I can get !*$%. Let me guess you are from Illinois....possibly a NW burb or Downtown South Side my guess..? A Sox Fan to boot? I could have told the truth and said Lake Forest..... :banana:

????

tos 53 9.4 $3k

discuss

(worship)

tos 57 9.2 $2900

:cloud9:

I love Hawkeye. Currently TOS57 is the only non GA book I own. There is a 9.4 on Clink with an ask of $6,000 and a bid of $4,500. I guess if somebody is willing to pay over 4k for a 9.4, I might pay almost 3K for a 9.2. Still, those are some crazy high prices.

just to clarify...no, I did not buy the 9.2.

Just got back from Orlando, and am a bit reluctant to see what the WM's went for. If that's the case on the X-Men #1 than I am SO happy with my decision to sell out, and am glad to be chasing high grade Timelys instead, where us mere mortals can play. Silver is out of control !!!

Jim

You need to change your Loc :gossip:

I'll leave it for now, until I can think of something wittier. Plus I wouldn't back away from a WM Timely, so it still has some merit :)

Jim

Just got back from Orlando, and am a bit reluctant to see what the WM's went for. If that's the case on the X-Men #1 than I am SO happy with my decision to sell out, and am glad to be chasing high grade Timelys instead, where us mere mortals can play. Silver is out of control !!!

Jim

The WM quest is over?

doh!

You really need to get out of general, and check out the other forums as well, such as Silver :baiting::foryou:

Sold them all about a month ago :(

Jim

That's really unfortunate. You had a killer collection going. Plus, I liked knowing all those nice WMs were in Toronto.

I feel so disillusioned. I think I'm going to join a gang.

It was going well and I did love them...just getting sick and tired of setting a GPA record for each and every book that came down the pipeline, just because of the person who owned it before me. I did well and have been able to turn the proceeds into some killer books. I still love Peds, don't get me wrong but I like having the option of passing on a book, if it isn't a good time or priced through the roof.

Jim

i've always been a big silver age marvel fan too but yeah, lots of these prices are rediculous, so for now, i've expanded what i'm looking for to anything that i can find thats a great deal and getting overlooked. in those same heritage auctions i was able to get 2 old high-grade horror books for like 25% below average gpa.

Shilling is, I think one of the WORST things going right now amongst all these friggin auctions! Along with deadbeat/thrill bidders! My Spidey #86 CGC 9.4 ow/w was that one off ebay awhile back...

:gossip: The difference is that shilling is legal at Heritage.

How does that work? I mean, suppose you bid up your book and then you win. Do you pay yourself and then have to give Heritage 20%? hm It makes more sense to have a reserve doesn't it?