• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 most expensive 90s books RIGHT NOW

61 posts in this topic

well that birds of prey used to be a $75 dollar book, so it has been coming down. Nightwing fans want it & its print run was very low. Miracleman #24 definately belongs, as does x-266 i suppose. it seems ther are very few over $25 dollar books, but many in the $15-25 range.

it seems there are very few over $25 dollar books, but many in the $15-25 range.

It's interesting that the "down time" between a book being brand new

and a book being "hot again" (around the 20-year-old mark) shows

which books had some staying power... which books were flashes in the pan...

and which books might be "big gainers" (relative to the $15 to $25 investment)

once they reach the magical 20 year age.

Almost makes you want to put together a stack of these books

at their current prices, just to see what happens in a few years. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(There's just not much to lose when the books are under $25 each.)

You think we can come up with a list of all the 1990s books that

consistently sell for at least $10 in raw NM condition?

We could track them over the next few years just for kicks.

I bet the $10 raw books go up to $25 a lot quicker than

older $100 raw books go to $250. grin.gif

Ok then... in addition to the books we've already mentioned...

What other 1990s regular issue books (1990-1999),

non-variant, non-hardcover, non-graphic novel

consistently sell for over $10 on Ebay in raw NM condition?

No CGC slabs... just raw "NM" comics changing hands.

Forget the "rankings", since we're talking rough averages...

lets make some general categories...

(Dealers chime in with your consistent sellers, too.)

$50 or more...

$35 to $50

$25 to $35

$20 to $25

$15 to $20

$10 to $15

...sound good?

We missed the #1 book! foreheadslap.gif

Elseworlds annual (1999) $150-$200?

Time will tell if people remain interested in that one though. Another unproven commodity like the Birds of Prey.

Akira 34-37 are all solid at around $15. Lone wolf 44 at around $10. GI Joe 152-154 $10-$20? Transformers 80 $10. US 314 $10-$15 WDCS 633 $10. I Lusiphur 2up. Cry for Dawn 3up. Bone #2up. Actually, I wonder what a #2 1st would go for on eBay. That might well break the magic $25.

yeah, last issues are more important than ever as print runs falter and die. It was always evident to a degree (Jonah hex #92 for instance, or the last unknown soldier), but man late 90's end issues are suicide! 90's run Spectre last issues too, tough but not expensive yet. Oh, duh!!! preacher #1, hellblazer #41 both over $10 issues

best cellar comics #1 (1st eric powell art, goon prototype)

next men #21, san diego #2, i have even seen hellboy seeds of destruction #1 sell for $10

Umm... could you look them up on eBay and give us a range? smile.gif

I just don't want to get stuck doing it every time wink.gif

Well, Next Men #21 - Hellboy's 2nd appearance runs about $15-25 right now and seems to be trending upward to a $20-30 spot.

The San Diego Comic-Con Comic #2 that is Hellboy's 1st appearance (in a short b&w story) seems to run in the $30-40 range, also moving up.

It'll be interesting to see where these two books go after the movie comes out.

100 Bullets #1, I've seen run from about $8-20, depending upon what kind of e-bay auction you're following or comic store you're in. Prices are all over the place on 100 Bullets right now, but the series should run another 40+ issues, so again, it'll be interesting to see where this one goes. I do know that complete (or large chunks of) sets of 100 Bullets sell very well!

Hulk #8, I have no idea! frown.gif

100 Bullets #1, I've seen run from about $8-20, depending upon what kind of e-bay auction you're following or comic store you're in. Prices are all over the place on 100 Bullets right now, but the series should run another 40+ issues, so again, it'll be interesting to see where this one goes. I do know that complete (or large chunks of) sets of 100 Bullets sell very well!

Is 100 Bullets only going to have a finite run?

Also, the full runs seem to be quite a bit lower recently than a couple of months ago. You can now pick up a full set for under $100.

Is 100 Bullets only going to have a finite run?

Also, the full runs seem to be quite a bit lower recently than a couple of months ago. You can now pick up a full set for under $100.

Yeah - I've read some interviews with Azz & he's stated that 100B will end - but at the time of the interview, he had said he wasn't even half done, which projected out to around 100 issues. I have also noticed that sets have dropped in price, while #1 seems to have jumped up a bit.

Few random comments:

-The MM's are good picks. They always seem to sell at shows. Big fanbase for that series.

-100 Bullets will end w/ issue #100.

-Are we including variants on this list? How about the League of Ext. Gents. "Banned Marvel Ad" Variant? That one is thru the roof! Oh, and I think LOEG #1 is a future "good book".

Chris

MM 24 (and 23) are a lot scarcer than people think - much scarcer than 15

I think they're both really under priced

I would happily pay $50 for a mint 24 - more for graded

Yes, it took ages to get hold of a MM 24 CGC 9.4 - they just don't come up very often. MM 15 comes up a lot more I think.

Hey guys,

What about this: GI Joe: Special Edition #1 from 1995. It reprints GI Joe, A Real American Hero #61 with a Spider-Man #1 cover swipe.

Ebay sale

It's not in Overstreet (although I could have sworn it was at one time confused-smiley-013.gif)

The San Diego Comic-Con Comic #2 that is Hellboy's 1st appearance (in a short b&w story) seems to run in the $30-40 range, also moving up.

Exactly what is this book? Was it a handout from one of the SD Con's? If so, what year is it from?

San Diego Comic-Con #2 was a giveaway at the 1992 SD Con from Dark Horse. There were several in the series, I'm not sure how far it went. Has the first appearance of Hellboy and I sell them easilyl for $40-50 every time I have one. The GI Joe Special also sells for $75-100 easily raw. The Elseworlds 80 Page Giant has cooled down, but I was getting $200-$250 each for them right after they came out.