• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 most expensive 90s books RIGHT NOW

61 posts in this topic

The Elseworlds 80 Page Giant has cooled down, but I was getting $200-$250 each for them right after they came out.

I'm curious.......did you see a noticeable decrease after DC published the Super-Baby story in Bizarro?

Jim

San Diego Comic-Con #2 was a giveaway at the 1992 SD Con from Dark Horse. There were several in the series, I'm not sure how far it went.

They went to at least #3. If there were any after that, they would have to have been done within the last year or two of the Con, but I don't think they ever made any others after #3.

The San Diego Comic-Con Comic #2 that is Hellboy's 1st appearance (in a short b&w story) seems to run in the $30-40 range, also moving up.

Exactly what is this book? Was it a handout from one of the SD Con's? If so, what year is it from?

San Diego Comic-Con #2 was a giveaway at the 1992 SD Con from Dark Horse. There were several in the series, I'm not sure how far it went. Has the first appearance of Hellboy and I sell them easilyl for $40-50 every time I have one. The GI Joe Special also sells for $75-100 easily raw. The Elseworlds 80 Page Giant has cooled down, but I was getting $200-$250 each for them right after they came out.

San Diego Comic-Con #2 actually says 1993 on the cover. Was it given away in 1992?

Some Valiant last issues are getting up there. I just sold a Bloodshot Last Stand one shot for $25 on ebay last week. XO 68 brings $15+ as does Bloodshot 51.

The last Conan should be $10+. ASM v2 19 brings $15 or so. Wolvie 146 is $20, but that may be from y2k.

Some Valiant last issues are getting up there. I just sold a Bloodshot Last Stand one shot for $25 on ebay last week. XO 68 brings $15+ as does Bloodshot 51.

The last Conan should be $10+. ASM v2 19 brings $15 or so. Wolvie 146 is $20, but that may be from y2k.

Ironically, Solar #10 with the black cover also commands a premium...

Speaking of Valiants - anyone have an idea of what the 'Man of the Atom' one-shot by Warren Ellis goes for?

Or the Acclaim one-shot of Shadowman, that I think was a give-away for a video game? (not sure - don't think it was a retail book)

Speaking of Valiants - anyone have an idea of what the 'Man of the Atom' one-shot by Warren Ellis goes for?

Or the Acclaim one-shot of Shadowman, that I think was a give-away for a video game? (not sure - don't think it was a retail book)

"Man of the Atom" one-shot might bring $2 or $3 on Ebay...

I'm not sure which Shadowman you're referring to...

but my guess is that it would be less than $5 whatever it is.

Hey guys,

What about this: GI Joe: Special Edition #1 from 1995. It reprints GI Joe, A Real American Hero #61 with a Spider-Man #1 cover swipe.

Ebay sale

It's not in Overstreet (although I could have sworn it was at one time confused-smiley-013.gif)

I have this thing in CGC 9.4 W smile.gif

Hey guys,

What about this: GI Joe: Special Edition #1 from 1995. It reprints GI Joe, A Real American Hero #61 with a Spider-Man #1 cover swipe.

Ebay sale

It's not in Overstreet (although I could have sworn it was at one time confused-smiley-013.gif)

It's the GIJoe special mentioned in the first post on this thread tongue.gif

MM 24 (and 23) are a lot scarcer than people think - much scarcer than 15

I think they're both really under priced

I would happily pay $50 for a mint 24 - more for graded

You may want to check ebay every week. I think a MM 24 NM just sold for $31 earlier this month.

Are the Neil Gaiman Miracleman issues any good? The Alan Moore issues are some of my favorite comics ever to read. The art was shaky during the first 10 issues, but Totleben ended it strong up to #16. But the story is the main appeal and even the issues with horrid art (there are a couple) are still great reads because of Alan Moore's genius and mastery.

Until the rights get sorted out for these books and they are finally reprinted (which may take years), there will be a strong demand for back issues. Even with they are reprinted, I think the value will still hold up fairly well, but may drop a bit. Although Watchmen is even better and those back issues are practically worthless on ebay. Still, I think a CGC 9.6 MM #15 will always sell for at least $50 and probably closer to $100 even when reprinted and put into TPBs.

Technically eleven books but the last three are tied.

GI Joe 155 (around $50 raw)

GI Joe special (around $75 raw per Darth)

Bone #1 1st ($100?)

I Lusiphur #1 (wow, one just ended at only $31 )

Akira 38 (just ended at $31)

Punisher kills the Marvel Universe ($35-$40)

Witchblade #1 ($30)

Birds of Prey #8 ($40)

US 310 ($20-25)

US 318 ($20-25)

Adventurous Scrooge McDuck #2 ($20-$25)

What's "US"?

I apologize for not finding this thread sooner... but I am amazed the thread has been going for this long and no one has mentioned Strangers in Paradise 1... especially since several of the posters in this read actually follow the indy market...

Lists at $65 in OS, and if you can find me a 9.0+ copy of the first print I will be crossing your palm with a lot more than that...

I sold a raw NM copy for $140 about a year ago and I wish I could have it back...

theres a 2 and a 3 first print on eBAy now

Those are volume 2... frown.gif

I have purchased five sets of the first mini over the years from Ben Dunn (owner of Antarctic Press)... but the last set I got from him was the last of his "extras" from his file copies. Ben used to come into my shop regularly and trade me old Antarctic stuff for Silver Age DCs...