• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just came home from Watchmen

271 posts in this topic

346s5ew.gif

BATS! lol

I thought I was the only person in the world who had seen (and liked) that film.

Under the Cherry Moon?

Tracie did it to Mary's mom!

Tracie did it to Mary's mom!!!!

lol

A quirky and in very many ways extremely lame film that nevertheless had a certain something, ya know? :grin:

The movie was a blast. Never read the comics, so I don't have any opinion on how true to the original story it was, but from the perspective of a pedal-to-the-metal action flick with a plot standpoint, I liked it a lot. IMHO, blew The Dark Night away.

Bob

I disagree since The Dark Knight was just mind blowing. After that movie I felt like Batman violated my entire family and we enjoyed it. lol

Don't get me wrong, The Dark Knight was a great flick.

IMHO Watchman was just better.

The movie was a blast. Never read the comics, so I don't have any opinion on how true to the original story it was, but from the perspective of a pedal-to-the-metal action flick with a plot standpoint, I liked it a lot. IMHO, blew The Dark Night away.

Bob

I disagree since The Dark Knight was just mind blowing. After that movie I felt like Batman violated my entire family and we enjoyed it. lol

:banana:

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO TONIGHT SO MUCH I'M STARTING TO SOUND LIKE DR DONALD BLAKE!!

Bob

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO TONIGHT SO MUCH I'M STARTING TO SOUND LIKE DR DONALD BLAKE!!

BOOOOOOOOOOM

Bob

BOOOOOOOOOOM

HERITAGE HAS BEEN PUTTING OUT SOME REALLY GOOD MOVIES LATELY!!!!!

Was going to see the movie but it sold out. A friend of mine said it was boring, long, too much dialogue and little action. Might just wait until this comes out on DVD.

Well it wasn't a Jason Statham movie but I thought it kept pace very well. I don't remember a dull moment and it felt more like 1.5 hours for me than almost 3 hours.

Was going to see the movie but it sold out. A friend of mine said it was boring, long, too much dialogue and little action. Might just wait until this comes out on DVD.

Well it wasn't a Jason Statham movie but I thought it kept pace very well. I don't remember a dull moment and it felt more like 1.5 hours for me than almost 3 hours.

Jason Statham movies are so bad, and so awesome.

Jason Statham movies are so awesome.

FIXED

:D

Crank 2 anyone? :grin:

Surprisingly, if you actually watch TV other than Buffy, Lost and Heroes, you might actually learn a few things. Strategic response systems exist all over the world, and in the outlandish scenario at the end of Watchmen, there would have been missiles flying all over.

That really doesn't sound any more outlandish too me than a giant blue dude walking around with his glowing protuberance swinging in the breeze...

Please tell me you're joking and understand the difference. Unrealistic from our POV but still consistent given the "world rules" vs. illogical given those exact same rules.

Like we accept Spider-man can swing on webs as that is a rule in his world, you either walk out of the theater or accept he has super-powers, but it would be totally illogical if he suddenly started flying or reading people's minds.

Is that simple enough for everyone to grasp?

Please tell me you're joking and understand the difference. Unrealistic from our POV but still consistent given the "world rules" vs. illogical given those exact same rules.

Yep. Please see the following from my post, which you didn't quote...

...but I get your point: the narrative logic there is clearly flawed.

That's a pretty big stretch IMO, and I see Watchmen more as a spectacular failure. It was doomed from the start, as we're talking about a multi-issue story with very little plot that boils down to a multiple character study.

It works great as a novel or GN, but I couldn't imagine non-fans going ga-ga over it.