• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon NC...June 19-21....

1,791 posts in this topic

Oh wow...How far is the airport from Downtown?

Just checked. It's 20-25$ each way from the airport to downtown. No use renting a car. thanks for everyone's help

It's 7 & 1/2 miles

anybody have an extra bed to spare ? -- I don`t snore too bad and I do use deoderant .........

I`ll bring refreshments ...

24-331So-Many-Beers-Posters1.jpg

whisky_colleckshun1.jpg

There's always room in the CFP van.

I'll have a Cutty Sark & ginger ale -- little ice, please.

anybody have an extra bed to spare ? -- I don`t snore too bad and I do use deoderant .........

I`ll bring refreshments ...

24-331So-Many-Beers-Posters1.jpg

whisky_colleckshun1.jpg

There's always room in the CFP van.

I'll have a Cutty Sark & ginger ale -- little ice, please.

ill just have some weed....

...plz.

I am definitely going....I will be on vacation the following week. I would like to help organize where we can all meet for a social...I haven't read this thread. Arex or somebody give me an IM. Hope everyone is doing well; I don't hang out here as much anymore would love to meet more board members!

Since I'm local I'd love to help make everyone's brief stay here a memorable one.

I am definitely going....I will be on vacation the following week. I would like to help organize where we can all meet for a social...I haven't read this thread. Arex or somebody give me an IM. Hope everyone is doing well; I don't hang out here as much anymore would love to meet more board members!

Since I'm local I'd love to help make everyone's brief stay here a memorable one.

A peek at your amazing horror collection would probably highlight the weekend. (thumbs u

Sterling,

there hasnt been a lot of talk about a meeting.

I would think that Hawthorne's would be a great place. Great food, a good amount of choices, good beverage selection, and not too entirely far from the convention center.

But, like Sal said, im not going to try and organize it. Its too much like herding cats or shooting pool with a rope for my taste.

Do you know more about the dinning establishments downtown? Maybe you could suggest something closer. :shrug:

Sterling,

there hasnt been a lot of talk about a meeting.

I would think that Hawthorne's would be a great place. Great food, a good amount of choices, good beverage selection, and not too entirely far from the convention center.

But, like Sal said, im not going to try and organize it. Its too much like herding cats or shooting pool with a rope for my taste.

Do you know more about the dinning establishments downtown? Maybe you could suggest something closer. :shrug:

Looks like I (and the 'Toon TumblersR booth) am making the trip to Charlotte (thumbs u.

One dining option might be Ribs. Strongguy, Lon Chair and I went to a killer BBQ place 3 years ago--great ribs, good beer, cute waitresses, etc. Think the name was Henry's, George's or something like that. Ring a bell with any locals?

I'm researching potential options; I think the consensus is that it should maximize a meeting while providing reasonable food at reasonable prices.

Fuel Pizza is cool in that "Shallow Hal" was filmed there, but the actual restaurant is pretty wide open...I haven't been to Macs so I'll defer to others.

Hawthornes is another good choice...

Let me research some options for us to weigh in on...I agree it is like herding cats, but I think just a little bit of organization can go a long way in maximizing attendance.