• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon NC...June 19-21....

1,791 posts in this topic

or doing it AT the art auction

Guess we could do that too.............maybe eat at the Westin......do they have a upscale restaurant and a bar/restaurant? Or just one?

even if its not a forum dinner persay, everyone can get together at the auction and shoot the isht and drink some beers and talk comics.

Guess we could do that too.............maybe eat at the Westin......do they have a upscale restaurant and a bar/restaurant? Or just one?

even if its not a forum dinner persay, everyone can get together at the auction and shoot the isht and drink some beers and talk comics.

I've only been to the auction once before, and as blasted as I was, I can remember it doesn't lend well to talking to anyone other than the person standing next to you. Three years ago pretty much everyone in the room was blasted, and what conversation wasn't drowned out by drunken revelry was interrupted by the actual auction. (Damn, it was good time, just not a forum-style gathering).

or everyone can meet up at that little park like area near Fuel and hire a DJ and buy a bunch of glow sticks and have the 1`st ever CGC Boards rave :banana:

:jokealert: I`m game for anything (thumbs u

or everyone can meet up at that little park like area near Fuel and hire a DJ and buy a bunch of glow sticks and have the 1`st ever CGC Boards rave :banana:

:jokealert: I`m game for anything (thumbs u

That was pretty lame, even joking around :baiting:

If you want to do it right you need candles, not glow sticks.

Fuel pizza sucks. Hawthorne's is better.

Downtown is just a place I don't go to all that often. Being around a massive group of pretentious, drunk ex-frat-boys--commercial-bankers, half-smart rednecks out for a good time in "the city" and yuppies of all stripe ain't really my cup of tea.

Most of the downtown restaurants are expensive and of the "fine dining" mold.

Mert's is great if you like soul food. Hawthorne's has good pizza, if you really want a high-dollar meal that's got a focus on seafood, I'd recommend LaVecchia's.

Mac's is good, it will be impossible to find parking for a large group.

here's a link to all the restaurants worth knowing in a ten-minute radius

Ones I can definitely recommend / comment on;

Alexander Michael's - "Alex Mike's" to the locals. Good beer selection. Fried pickles!

French Quarter - Cheap but good. Will be hard to get a table. Native N'awlins folks should probably stay away.

Mert's Heart and Soul - great, great soul food. Kind of a hike by foot, too close to drive to. Really good, though.

Sonoma Modern American Cuisine - More of a "white glove" type place than the sort of fare a rowdy group of comic nerds would enjoy...

Central avenue - about as far away from the Con as the aforementioned Hawthorne's - has a whole selection of great restaurants. Highlights are The Penguin and Dish.

Mert's... I've heard it's great.......good ole southern soul cooking :cloud9:

Mac's would be my choice, but you're right, it's VERY popular and we might have a problem getting seating for a large group and finding parking.

Hawthornes...... Do they have enough room to seat a large crowd?

Hawthornes probably has enough room (they have an outdoor area), but I do not know if they take reservations (which you would definitely need to have enough seats).

It gets pretty busy there so, unless they take reservations, I'd say it's out.

Too bad as their pizza is outstanding.

And parking would be a beeyotch.

Fuel pizza sucks. Hawthorne's is better.

Downtown is just a place I don't go to all that often. Being around a massive group of pretentious, drunk ex-frat-boys--commercial-bankers, half-smart rednecks out for a good time in "the city" and yuppies of all stripe ain't really my cup of tea.

Most of the downtown restaurants are expensive and of the "fine dining" mold.

Mert's is great if you like soul food. Hawthorne's has good pizza, if you really want a high-dollar meal that's got a focus on seafood, I'd recommend LaVecchia's.

Mac's is good, it will be impossible to find parking for a large group.

here's a link to all the restaurants worth knowing in a ten-minute radius

Ones I can definitely recommend / comment on;

Alexander Michael's - "Alex Mike's" to the locals. Good beer selection. Fried pickles!

French Quarter - Cheap but good. Will be hard to get a table. Native N'awlins folks should probably stay away.

Mert's Heart and Soul - great, great soul food. Kind of a hike by foot, too close to drive to. Really good, though.

Sonoma Modern American Cuisine - More of a "white glove" type place than the sort of fare a rowdy group of comic nerds would enjoy...

Central avenue - about as far away from the Con as the aforementioned Hawthorne's - has a whole selection of great restaurants. Highlights are The Penguin and Dish.

uhmmmm.... :gossip: dude you are a yuppie (shrug)

I don't see Eddie's on the list.

i've plateaued, which keeps me out of the yuppified territory that consists of you and the other people buying more house than they need

i've plateaued, which keeps me out of the yuppified territory that consists of you and the other people buying more house than they need

lol car + clothes + snotty attitude + man purse + chocolate beers = Y U P P I E

I'm not even close on the scale. :baiting:

lol car + clothes + snotty attitude + man purse + chocolate beers = Y U P P I E

I'm not even close on the scale. :baiting:

i'll grant you the snotty attitude and chocolate beers, but the others are right out, mr. my-kid-wears-ralph-lauren-jammies

seriosuly. i dont know about you guys but i could care less about eating.

Just getting wasted and hanging out is all i really wanna do.

Im sure ill just run into people at the art auction....

seriosuly. i dont know about you guys but i could care less about eating.

Just getting wasted and hanging out is all i really wanna do.

Im sure ill just run into people at the art auction....

I don't think we will be spending any much time together. hm