• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War Against Crime #6

16 posts in this topic

I bought a nice copy of War Against Crime #6. But it is a Canadian Variant. Printed in Toronto, Canada. I was just wondering what a good price for this book would be? It is raw 6.5 Probable 7.0 Un Restored. OW/W Pages :o book.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

These issues were printed because Canadian law prohibited the import of Crime/Horror comics for several years. The print runs were lower and the quality of paper stock was not the same as the US editions (lower).

There's a smaller market for these books and they often sell at a discount to the American editions unless in high grade (some Yankees don't buy anything made outside their borders :P).

I'd love to see some scans!

I have always priced the Canadian printings at between 40 and 60% of the American prices depending on publisher and desirability.

Thanks guy's. The book was printed by Superior in Toronto. It is pre E.C. Horror that's for sure. It has it's problems. But it is a nice overall book. 6.5 IMHO The book mentions that Canada Post assigned it as second class mail from the Ottawa, Ont. Canada PO...

I am in Ottawa, Ont. right now. Makes it kind of cool.... I got it for 57% off... Plus it was under graded..

It probably says "CDL" on the cover too.

Sounds like you got a steal. This is just the kind of thing I buy, too, lucky you! Here's my only Superior book...

WF8Fb.jpg

... Now post a scan of yours!

Mio.Thanks for the offer. Your is book is very nice as well. But my nephew is Porupine48 on the boards. He simply loves this book. He really, really likes the fact it is a Canadian Variant of Pre Horror E.C.

He actually saw the book first. But he didn't have the money at the time to buy it. So i saw the book and had to have it. He called "dib's" on the book around 5 seconds after I bought it.. lol

I'm glad it will find a home where it will be most appreciated! This is just exactly the kind of thing I collect as well. Craig cover, and all! That was quite a find! I've never owned a copy of this issue, I'd love to see some interior pics.

I don't know where you found it, but I think I'll have to expand my searches beyond fleeBay and the boards!

The things I do and give up for family............ The book was found by my nephew at a LCS. It was hidden in a box. Not up on the wall where it should of been...

Mio. Send me a PM with your e-mail addy if you want. I will gladly snap some interior shots of the book for you..

HEY~make it quick!! :jokealert:lol

can't wait to read her!MIO next time I grab

or dig out I should say some books,

i'll get tfl to scan some for you,

I have another three or four Superior Publications books..

porky