• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New guy discovers books stored in a closet 35 plus years

18 posts in this topic

I stumbled upon this site while doing countless hours of surfing to try and establish a value for some recently found comic books. So far I've learned more from this site than my Overstreet grading and price guides, and all the other sites like comiclink, etc.. I"m fairly convinced now that my books are in excellent, but not mint condition, and I have some key issues. There are nearly three dozen, mostly all from 1963, among which the best is Amazing Spiderman #2, plus a few nice two consecutive issue runs of the Flash, The Atom, Batman, Challengers of the Unkown, etc.

I have been debating on which books to have graded, and where to sell them for the highest dollar, and easiest sale. The percentages the popular auction houses get are ludicrious. I just need a little friendly guidance. I can send digital pictures, and a complete list of all the titles. I also collected as a kid, mostly early 70's Marvel, and some DC titles, and I just pulled my collection out that has been sitting dormant for over 20 years ( lots of Avengers, Hulk, FF, DD,ETC,).

I have over a hundred and thiry or so now, looking to save some and sell some.

Th e sixties comics in particular are in very nice shape. I won't give them grading ranges until I'm a little more comfortable with the grading system.

Look forward to getting some advice.

Befuddled in Massachusetts

Hi Jason,

Well, I'm happy to hear your good fortune but there isn't really much anyone could advise you on unless you were to post pictures of the books or a list at the very least. Spidey #2 I would slab if it's half as nice as you seem to think. thumbsup2.gif

cheers,

Dan

I was looking in my closet the other day and all I found was a spot were the cat must have puked awhile ago... frown.gif

As I understand it, that's the exact spot where the "hairball pedigree" was discovered just before you moved in.

U don't have to learn how to grade. Just make sure the 1960s comics have 32 pages, scan front & back covers & let the eBayers decide the price. Note any major defects like tan pages, tape or long tears. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know, if he does that won't someone in the forum here start another post on a scam?

As long as they are "out of the closet", does it matter? grin.gif

Don't ask, don't tell. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Sure it matters...don't you like those pedigree tales of finding lost Gold/Silver Age comics in old, abandoned houses? The open exchange of ideas usually breaks down more boundaries than it creates. flowerred.gif