• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wow, an original Frazetta oil painting on ebay

91 posts in this topic

I'm sure there would be several individuals willing to pay several hundred thousand dollars for the eBAY piece....although I wouldn't personally have chosen eBAY as the venue to sell. AllStar Auctions or Heritage would probably have been my choices....although Clink and Comiconnect would also do a fine job with it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just as points of clarification

Ellie has turned down $2million for Egyptian Queen

I have seen her turn down $300,000 for the cover to Weird Science Fantasy 29.

Most major pieces are with the Frazettas and they are often reluctant to part with any high end items.

Just as points of clarification

Ellie has turned down $2million for Egyptian Queen

I have seen her turn down $300,000 for the cover to Weird Science Fantasy 29.

Most major pieces are with the Frazettas and they are often reluctant to part with any high end items.

I would refuse 300 K for WSF 29 lol ....You're the Frazetta expert here....what do you think the painting will go for and do you think Ebay was a good choice? GOD BLESS...

First, I dont think it will sell as I believe John's reserve is too high. I think a better venue would be Heritage as I never thought ebay was a great place for high end art. (Just imagine the sellers fee and paypal fees!!!)

I'd have to throw in with this camp also.There is no comic book I'd rather have than one of SEVERAL Frazetta pieces.The pen and ink "octopus" cover to Famous Funnies 215 (?) would do nicely, or the "Frost Giant's Daughter" :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

P.S. I'd never seen the piece being auctioned on eBAY.....it's awesome.

James, have you ever been to the Frazetta Museum? If not, it's definitly worth a trip!

Such a wonderful place and a treat for the eyes! (thumbs u

Link

I'd have to throw in with this camp also.There is no comic book I'd rather have than one of SEVERAL Frazetta pieces.The pen and ink "octopus" cover to Famous Funnies 215 (?) would do nicely, or the "Frost Giant's Daughter" :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

P.S. I'd never seen the piece being auctioned on eBAY.....it's awesome.

James, have you ever been to the Frazetta Museum? If not, it's definitly worth a trip!

Such a wonderful place and a treat for the eyes! (thumbs u

Link

When I was studying at the Kubert School in the 80's, several of us talked about going as it wasn't far, but it never materialized.One of my big regrets.Maybe some day.....I've loved Frazetta for years and failed miserably at copying his style lol Surprisingly, the Frazetta book I want the most doesn't even have a Frazetta cover...Weird Science 20, "50 Girls,50" :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

I went back in '86 while still in Art School and bought the poster with the "Cat Girl" recreation on it for like $10. They had the exact same poster for sale with an included original pen and ink sketch around the border for only $1000! :o Way too much for a starving student artist at the time! :( The original painting is simply amazing, Frazetta builds up his oils in some areas that the painting almost takes on a 3D effect.

I went back in '86 while still in Art School and bought the poster with the "Cat Girl" recreation on it for like $10. They had the exact same poster for sale with an included original pen and ink sketch around the border for only $1000! :o Way too much for a starving student artist at the time! :( The original painting is simply amazing, Frazetta builds up his oils in some areas that the painting almost takes on a 3D effect.

Cat Girl would definitely be a multiple mil sale if it ever sold....I know it's one of Frazetta's fav's. I still have my copy of Frazetta Living Legend that I got in the early 80's....it's falling apart but I :cloud9: it....survived a house fire and half a million moves.Are you still in Art. ?..I gave it up about 8 years ago...got tired of starving. GOD BLESS...

argue with a collector friend all the time that Kirby and Ditko artwork was not great. Did they help to creat memorable characters - definitely. Were they great artists/illustrators - not really. Kirby being original - no way.

Finally. :applause: