• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current Green Lantern

221 posts in this topic

He first appears in Green Lantern (vol. 4) #25 in a two-page "War of Light" spread[1], and made his chronological first appearance in Green Lantern (vol. 4) #29 as a prisoner of Lantern Hal Jordan's predecessor, Abin Sur.[2]

(shrug)

Good question. I don't know.

BTW, the latest issue of Corps and GL were great. This storyline is starting to build up very nicely now..........hopefully Johns will end it off properly! :wishluck:

Quick question, is there a Sinestro Corps member of sector 2814? (I think that's ours right?)

I know Bats refused the ring but who did accept it?

No one

Amon Sur Son of deceased Green Lantern Abin Sur was the orginal Bearer.

Amon Sur was recruited by the Sinestro Corps and had been chosen to represent Space Sector 2814. The Sinestro Corps originally tried to recruit Batman for the role, but his strong sense of will and previous contact with a Green Lantern ring allows him to fight its influence. After the Sinestro Corps invades Earth, Amon Sur is delighted. However, upon learning and witnessing that the Green Lantern Corps can now use lethal force, he becomes fearful and flees

After the war, Amon Sur is found by a contingent of Green Lanterns on the planet Varva, having murdered deceased Lantern Ke'Haan's family. Amon declares he will surrender peacefully. He elaborates that his motive is that other Yellow Lanterns, still on the run, will learn what he did and murder the families of other fallen Lanterns. In retaliation Laira of the Green Lantern Corps executes him. His ring leaves him after his death and heads for the planet Earth. Nearby Lanterns are notified and stop the ring from recruiting the villain known as the Scarecrow (who is in Arkham Asylum). The ring is destroyed by the Corps' leaders, the Guardians.

you da man, Ares (thumbs u

Do you know which issues that's from?

Which part?

No worries, I figure it happens in the couple issues i missed between the end of the war and Mogul's appearance in GLC

you da man, Ares (thumbs u

Do you know which issues that's from?

Which part?

No worries, I figure it happens in the couple issues i missed between the end of the war and Mogul's appearance in GLC

His "Death" is in Green Lantern 26

I don't know about those, but I would certainly put GL #25 on my list of must-have moderns from the past 2 years. It has the end of the Sinestro War, great splash page, black lanterns. The buildup has been pretty intense based off that issue. I can't wait until we can identify all the lanterns on that flash-forward spread.

Can you spoil the... Agent Orange Corps Oath?

come to think of it...they didn't say it yet! Perhaps they will wait to share it till Hal goes orange. Or perhaps in the next one when we're introduced more to the orange corps. We only see a glimpse of them on one spread, but their leader sure seems badass!

Can you spoil the... Agent Orange Corps Oath?

come to think of it...they didn't say it yet! Perhaps they will wait to share it till Hal goes orange. Or perhaps in the next one when we're introduced more to the orange corps. We only see a glimpse of them on one spread, but their leader sure seems badass!

:devil: Hiyo!

Man, what a perfect time for DC to be stingy with the oath... greedy hoards!

Oh wait... maybe thats the point! (shrug)

P.S.

:jokealert:

Does anyone have the other 50/50 version of the new Green Lantern Corps? My LCS only had the Sinestro cover, which I must say is really badass!

:cool: Hiyo!

(worship) ... totally awesome!

I did not know of any variants of Green Lantern past #25... except for the recent #39 issue and maybe two others, that I know I have.

As much as I don't like all these new lantern corps, DC is doing a great job on this story and I'm really enjoying it. After the orange corp story, I found myself looking forward to the next issue.