• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current Green Lantern

221 posts in this topic

You need to get the Sinestro Corps War TPB and then snag the issues following it with the new origin (should be cheap on eBay) for the intro to the Blackest Night. You will not be disappointed. This is arguably the best mainstream superhero book out there right now. (thumbs u

I have never been a DC (Marvel Zombie), but the issue that came out for FCBD has me really interested in GL. I've gone ahead and added the GL Rebirth and GL No Fear TPB to my next DCBservice order.

Am I going to be pleased or disappointed?

Will I be able to keep up with everything starting there?

You done good

This is arguably the best mainstream superhero book out there right now. (thumbs u

I was hooked by all of the colored lanterns spreads at the end of the FCBD issue. Really excited to get some books in my hands to burn through!

This series has been a great read for the most part. Basically, if you want a good storyline try to pick up any of the work Geoff Johns' has done for DC over the past few years. I have stuck with the GL and GL Corps only, but I have heard that his JSA run was good as well as his recent stint on Action where Braniac offed Pa Kent.

This is arguably the best mainstream superhero book out there right now. (thumbs u

I was hooked by all of the colored lanterns spreads at the end of the FCBD issue. Really excited to get some books in my hands to burn through!

I think/hope you will enjoy both of those trades to a surprising extent, I just bought and read No Fear on FCBD for the heck of it and it was a great read after the Rebirth series. GL is just plain great :D

Ryan yeah I picked up that series also when I heard it was a good read, got the 2 hard cover books with the Sinestro War Corps.

Honestly when I heard about having like 6 or 7 different color spectrums of the rings without reading the series I thought it was a bit retarded, but so far I really like it.

I liked the letter to the fans that Johns' included in the FCBD Blackest Night #0. It sounds like this was part of his grand vision for the GL storyline, but now DC is going to make it an event to try to right some of Morrison's recent wrongs. Looks like Batman will be brought back via a Black Lantern ring...............

I liked the letter to the fans that Johns' included in the FCBD Blackest Night #0. It sounds like this was part of his grand vision for the GL storyline, but now DC is going to make it an event to try to right some of Morrison's recent wrongs. Looks like Batman will be brought back via a Black Lantern ring...............

Yah...i thought it sounded a bit like a pre-apology.

Sort of...i had this great GL idea...but it was made to grow.

Hope you still like it.

Sort of...i had this great GL idea...but it was made to grow.

Hope you still like it.

True enough, but at least he did it, unlike Morrison basically screwing up the DCU and Batman royally then scurrying off without apologizing.

Based on the letter, it looks like he wanted to keep it contained to the two GL titles but now DC is going to use it as a way to resurrect heroes and villains alike. Personally, I would have just preferred to see it kept as a GL story primarily playing out in space and leaving the rest of the DCU out of the picture. Too late for that now, unfortunately. :sorry:

but now DC is going to make it an event to try to right some of Morrison's recent wrongs.

True enough, but at least he did it, unlike Morrison basically screwing up the DCU and Batman royally then scurrying off without apologizing.

Can someone explain to a person who isn't a DC follower? The most recent DC stuff Ive read is all the Sinestro Corp HCs, and GL Secret Origin HC.

but now DC is going to make it an event to try to right some of Morrison's recent wrongs.

Can someone explain to a person who isn't a DC follower? The most recent DC stuff Ive read is all the Sinestro Corp HCs, and GL Secret Origin HC.

+1 please

Basically Morrison killed Batman twice.

Once in the Batman R.I.P story but due to timing and continuity issues leading into Final Crisis, everybody knew he wasn't really dead and that anything coming out of RIP would be mostly useless filler.

Then he killed him again in Final Crisis. But again, he's not really dead. There's a body in Bruce Wayne's grave but one of the final panels in FC also shows Bruce in pre-history making Bat cave drawings.

So he killed him twice, both time damaging Bat's own continuity and making 3 to 6 months of follow up stories (Battle for the Cowl, etc) mostly useless.

Then Bats gets rolled into Blackest Night. In the BN0 issue it shows Black Hand digging up Bats and starting to reconstitute him.

Which begs the question, what Batman are we getting back since he's not really dead? How can they mesh Batman being trapped in the past per the Omega Sanction in FC with him being resurrected in the present?

Some have said that the Omega Sanction just puts the person in a very near death state but lives on in their heads. If that's the case then Black Hand shouldn't be able to resurrect him.

And i'm sure there's stuff popping up in the actual Bats titles as well.

(Also, Morrison showed Aquaman coming back to live at the end of FC but now he's coming back as a zombie in BN :frustrated:)

And yes, I too wish Johns had been allowed to keep this a GL only story rather than making it an event to try to fix the last 9 months or so of stupidity.

Once in the Batman R.I.P story but due to timing and continuity issues leading into Final Crisis, everybody knew he wasn't really dead and that anything coming out of RIP would be mostly useless filler.

Then he killed him again in Final Crisis. But again, he's not really dead. There's a body in Bruce Wayne's grave but one of the final panels in FC also shows Bruce in pre-history making Bat cave drawings.

So he killed him twice, both time damaging Bat's own continuity and making 3 to 6 months of follow up stories (Battle for the Cowl, etc) mostly useless.

Then Bats gets rolled into Blackest Night. In the BN0 issue it shows Black Hand digging up Bats and starting to reconstitute him.

Which begs the question, what Batman are we getting back since he's not really dead? How can they mesh Batman being trapped in the past per the Omega Sanction in FC with him being resurrected in the present?

Some have said that the Omega Sanction just puts the person in a very near death state but lives on in their heads. If that's the case then Black Hand shouldn't be able to resurrect him.

(Also, Morrison showed Aquaman coming back to live at the end of FC but now he's coming back as a zombie in BN :frustrated:)

And yes, I too wish Johns had been allowed to keep this a GL only story rather than making it an event to try to fix the last 9 months or so of stupidity.

You can add in the fact that the FC storyline had no real flow, the whole concept of the Apokolips bad gods taking over human or animal bodies seemed lame, and the fact that it was a huge sales dud.

I did not read it, but people I know that have said the whole Batman RIP storyline sucked royally as well.

Essentially, he should stick to his vertigo titles and leave the true superhero stuff to better writers.

Thanks for the re-cap

Also, I'll be getting my first GL TPB on monday. can't wait!

ditto!

One thing...

Has anyone seen the Blackest Night checklist?

That 24 ish Checklist I saw on the backcover page of BN #0 was complete was it? I believe it said Part 1...but don't quote me.

Im trying to figure out if this is gonna be a 50 - 75 ish kinda thing... :P

You can add in the fact that the FC storyline had no real flow, the whole concept of the Apokolips bad gods taking over human or animal bodies seemed lame, and the fact that it was a huge sales dud.

I did not read it, but people I know that have said the whole Batman RIP storyline sucked royally as well.

Essentially, he should stick to his vertigo titles and leave the true superhero stuff to better writers.

:eek: Hiyo!

Oh man! Nice question purposed by jordanscott, but if you remember correctly from Final Crisis by Grant "The Man" Morrison on the subject of Sonny Sumo... Sonny Sumo (Original) did die from the Omega Sanction by Darkseid. Sonny Sumo was the first to be hit by Darkseid's Omega Death Beams (a.k.a. Omega Sanction). When he got hit he died, but also dissappeared... though Darkseid said that he was to suffered a constant revolution of death over and over, due to being Omega Sanction for period of time prescribed by Darkseid.

Remember from Final Crisis? (Current) Sonny Sumo said Sonny Sumo died (the original from Earth-1) but Sonny Sumo (the being) kept suffering life then death over and over from Omega Sanction. He (Current Sonny Sumo) even said that him and all the others felt it, but suddenly it all ended and he found himself (Sonny Sumo being) in Feudal Japan were he lived his life peacefully and died, but then he (current Sonny Sumo) was put in his place... who is actually from a different Earth.

My purpose thinking in the situation dealing with Batman/Bruce Wayne being Omega Sanction in Final Crisis is... Batman/Bruce (the original Earth-1) that we all knew and love so preciously is actualy dead and all versions of the Batman in the 52 are suffering a fate of life and death by the Omega Sanction, to the point is where we may be down to maybe only one Batman/(Bruce?) in the 52.

Which brings me to think... who in the 52 will take the place of the (Original) Batman of Earth-1 and which Batman in the 52 is the one in the cave and when in time is he!!??

Dun, dun.... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

We may have our Batman back, but he may not be the Batman from Earth-1.

P.S.

I hope we get the Batman version from the series... All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder by Frank Miller! He is all what we know as Batman, but with an aggressive Frank Miller B-A-D-A-S-S streak!

P.S.S.

Can we kill the Morrison and R.I.P-bashing, kimik?

It was a great long series run on both fronts... people just did not like Batman's disappearing act without the cliff-notes. There was more to the R.I.P then just the issues that had R.I.P on the cover... read the work that builded up to the great event... it was intriguing and awesome.

Oh, and on the Final Crisis note... simpifying it down to, "Apokolips bad gods taking over human or animal bodies", is just rude, because there was no taking over animal bodies or just human bodies... they broke down, corrupted, and conquered our heroes to point of mindless drones that accepted living in Anti-life.

I bet you do not even know what Anti-life is, eh?

Here you go, you think living life in this example is lame:

ANTI-LIFE = LONELINESS + ALIENATION + FEAR + DESPAIR + SELF - WORTH / MOCKERY

Read before you mock, because you miss out on so much great content that Final Crisis and the Grant "The Man" Morrison Administration brought to the DCU!