• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Demise of the local comic shops

86 posts in this topic

That guy's naked chest is scary!

Is it the fact that he has no nipples?

I found the degree his head is turned MUCH more alarming!

Or the fact that you noticed? Starting to scare me slym. ;)

Well, when someone else points out that his chest is "scary," it's hard to NOT notice! C'mon... are you telling me you never noticed that the George Clooney version of the Batman suit DID have nipples?

lol

-slym (can't believe these boards don't censor the word "nipples" - he tried typing out putz earlier and got *spooned* )

only one of note in Ottawa,and they seem to be hurting...

all back issues 50% off and not over priced to start with,

so i'm doing my best .but the silver and bronze are

starting to run low..have found myself making some

DC purchases... :o

porkesque

Any commuter to Roger's Time Machine willing to ask if he has his mail order operation up yet?

I don't think that's gonna happen CAP. He has been talking about doing mail order since this current location opened back in 1997, same goes with accepting credit cards. It's been 12 years and it hasn't happened yet, and it probably won't.

14th and 7th? whats the name of this spot? I never heard of it. I frequent Midtown Comics, Jim Hanley's and Bulletproof Comics in Bklyn. I used to go to Metro Comics in downtown Bklyn as well. They have a decent stock of back ssues last ive been there.
I am 99% sure he is referring to Roger's Time Machine.

I did a quick search last night and found this article about NYC shops that was a fun read.

The Comic Book Stores of NYC

Cool! They have some great stuff to say about Time Machine. In one of the pictures, you can see the Justice League #3 and America's Best Comics #13 I bought from him.

And the Thrilling #4 I picked up last week.

That guy's naked chest is scary!

Apparently the readers agreed as the publisher bought Dr Strange a shirt for later issues. The other Thrilling from Roger's.

Thrilling014.jpg

Any commuter to Roger's Time Machine willing to ask if he has his mail order operation up yet?

More importantly, hiw much he wants for that America's Best Comics #13?

I was looking at a WW2 book at Roger's, I believe it was the America's Best #13. The cover colours were badly faded and I'm sure the book was severly trimmed. I compared it to a modern and they were almost the same size.