• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest magazine find! Crowley's inside!

11 posts in this topic

I haven't shown this before but a few months ago I picked up the Crowley copy of Crime Illustrated #1. This is my FAVORITE EC cover of any of them!

:cloud9:

CrimeIllustrated1.jpg

And, what I'm really excited about is I've not been able to add the Crowley copy of Terror Illustrated #1 to my collection also! :acclaim:

TerrorIllustrated1.jpg

I wonder if these books gave Warren the idea to use a magazine format to avoid the comic code.

I've heard that was the case. (shrug)

Well, the only way around the code was to make a magazine sized comic, so I dont know if we can say Warren directly borrowed the idea from EC. It was one of those simple facts, to beat the code make it a magazine.

i had not seen those before. are they hard to find in lower grades? how long did EC do those? are they fully illustrated on the inside like Creepy, et al.?

I've never opened a raw one :shy:

I've seen them from time to time... specifically when I was in Baltimore I saw a few of them at the con.

There is an EC Archive set of these that I plan on buying in a couple of weeks:

http://www.amazon.com/Picto-Fiction-Library-Complete-Titles/dp/1888472219