• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Ewert and BB#34 + MIS #90

135 posts in this topic

You are absolutely right on this and I agree .I think its f.....g sad actually but dyslexia is as it chooses, I just don’t see the error. Fortunately I’m really good at what I do and am not a trained teacher but an industry pro now disabled who teaches my specific discipline and rarely have to embarrass myself on the white board.

I’m actually impressed with your ability on here and should we ever meet you would find my vocal skills excellent.

I will take your advice and will rethink this selling stuff; I would really love to hand over a few books to you guys as you are truly the ones who love this hobby

I did think the eBay thing was mute also but did it to try to help everyone.

I will say again I have never sold a book, I have been for some 30 + years only a buyer. What can I do about that ...nada

My first and only experience selling is this and now HA.

I’m working hard here to build and repair.

I really liked this post and thanks for it.

This is probably all that needs to be said here and I'll let it go and start afresh a little later. But will post some scans to share and help establish myself.See you over on the main forum.

JR

UNLOCK

hmmm...and here I thought you were an American. Didn't ya'll invent this "intereseting" english language? Here I am, a hillbilly that didn't even finish high school, criticizing and instructing a college professor on his grammer and spelling. That's kind of funny when you think about it.

Hey. All joking aside JR, you are welcome to the boards. Because everyone (including me) wants to associate with like minded people. I actually hope you are legit. But, having said that. Before I would consider buying any of your books, you will have to go further down the road in convincing me you are not a scammer. (and lower your asking prices).

I noticed under your Ebay feedback rating, that each and every one of your feedbacks are from buying. No sales feedbacks at all. Hardly instills much confidence in me to purchase from you. It is almost a moot point of providing that feedback link info. You haven't purchased anything from this forums "for sale" theads, ever? You have not sold even one comic book on Ebay, ever?

By the way:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=conditionfreak&ftab=AllFeedback

RELOCKED

Hey Mightybean

Well I guess its all in how you read it.

He was the quiet one, clean and unassuming and perfectly polite...but then wasn’t Bundy?(spelling)

JR

)

In fact I remember Jason across the room from Metropolis comics at the Penta hotel so humble and quiet …

hm

This quote is a bit strange. Like some kind of miguided hero worship.

Yup you are right here. I asked my wife (American)to help untangle this language mess I’m in and she felt that the Americans here would understand me better if I just said British .............I protested, but then got that look.

English born and went back and forth from UK to Canada then back then back again to the USA ....guess that explains a lot.

He's not from Britain.....

He's from up north

Loch ness

Indeed - nobody from Britain ever calls themselves British. We are either English, Scottish or Welsh.

Only the Yanks call us Brits hm

Good share Voorhees thanks. I think I’m feeling that love thing again.

This is really making me sad I'm beginning to feel that I don’t ever want to sell just so I don’t have to loose my naïveté I dont want to feel this way in connection with my books

JR

You know, our hobby has become rather sad with all of this mistrust, and I too am guilty of this.

I've been actively buying/trading/selling comics for about 6 years now, and based upon my personal experiences, I've now come to EXPECT deceitful behavior from EVERYONE I do not personally know... There's a lot of money to be made from this hobby through deceit and it seems these types are lurking around every corner. I've been burned several times so my guard is always up.

I hope KANDOR is legit, but we the collecting community ned more assurance when asked to spend large sums of money for a funny book.

Happy AND SAFE collecting everyone!

Yes I’m getting that now .So I'll work on it. I always felt I just belonged even though I had never posted.

Really sorry to have upset so many hope you can see my side a little too.

JR

It's not just our hobby. It's society.

I'm only 40 and can remember when a man's word was gold. People would go the extra mile to make good on a promise. Now, people couldn't care less about what they say. They'll stab you in the back just for the entertainment of watching you lose everything in the world.

I think society is tanking right now because of this. When it gets so bad that we all have to rely on each other to have your neighbor's back, then it will start getting better again.

Until then, trust isn't given, it's earned.

I can’t afford to slab so many books, was trying to raise some money to help slab then was offered the help at my eventual cost ........184 now, I’m nervous to try anything here now. I still feel the book is unrestored and ok.

Again as I said I really wanted to keep the group together as a historical item of interest.

I think the book goes up on the March 21st. auction at HA..... I’ll check when I get home to be sure. Does all that make sense?

namisgr thanks for the interest, truelly its a beautifull book one of my altime fav covers,but as I"ve posted they will be going to auction...sorry for all the fuss

Just let me know when you offer the MIS 90 for sale at auction, and through what auction house.

For my information, Jeremy: why are you selling this book unslabbed, when as an unrestored slabbed copy it likely would bring far more at auction?

look on the main forum i've been posting a few but am getting tired.... its work.

should i start a new thread?

Hi Jeremy,

How about posting some of your other books? I'm sure you must have a nice collection for someone collecting as long as myself.

thanks,

Bill

MCHammer ? Im not sure what you mean...but hi

Think me and CFare good now...till i blow it again

As a point of reference if you must, I said ive been collecting probably before you could walk and was well known on the east coast in the 80's and 90's

I have bought books from all the best dealers receipts kept sequentially for each purchase.

MC Hammer?

But please lets lock this thread Lock Lock Lock theres a party we can go to but your probably hated by everyone.

love your self I know you can.....

Jeremy.

I don't hate you, conditionfreak :foryou:

think weve worked this out ...right?

Im an Artist/Designer, I draw and paint etc....... dont type. but Im getting better thanks to you guys.

I don't even know where to start. You say that you are a retired professor, yet you can not spell the simplest words. Leaving out apostrophe's everywhere. I could go on and on about your grammer and sentence structure. But, hey. Maybe you are used to internet chit chat and taking shortcuts like many do. So, I will give you a pass on that, even though it is disappointing to see a professor write like that and strange that you have never posted on this site before, even in idle internet chit chat. But then again, it is painfull to type with two fingers (again strange for a professor). As Shakespeare said, "me think that thou doth protest to much". There is something "eerie" about you. I can't put my finger on it yet, but my spider sense is tingling. Time will tell.

I don't hate. I ain't ugly, (well, my momma says I ain't, anyway). I actually have been collecting comic books LONGER than you and I was walking BEFORE you were born. You wrote that you were 7 in 1964. In 1964 I was 11. SO THERE! Na Na Na Na Na. (okay, I am done being a 55 year old child now) :)

I could go on and on about your postings (that party stuff is wild), but I will just LOCK this thread (until I unlock it as you do so often). Again, time will tell.

P.S. I was a card carrying member of the MMMS when you were just a snot nosed kid. (okay, one more 56 year old childish remark.) :) .

I could understand your continuing postings if you were like me. An uneducated common man. But I would expect a retired college professor to have more sense, and more ability to just let "it" roll off your back, like a water off of a ducks back. But you keep coming back for more, unlocking and relocking, time and time again. Are we both THAT bored? Did you just recently become bored, and after all of these years, decided to join in conversation with "us"?

This thread is hereby officially LOCKED, LOCKED AGAIN and RE-LOCKED.

(well, until the next painful long letter describing what you want to do with me at a 60's drug party).